Donner Music UK
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,210
  • Total Topics: 1,652
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 48
  • Total: 48
Guitar Center

60th Birthday Fun

Started by Hinfrance, August 23, 2015, 09:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I recently celebrated my 60th, in part through performing an hour long set with two friends - in the car port. Guitar player and singer had never met before: we had less than two days to rehearse, so it went really quite acceptably well. The amplification is two Fender Mustang 3s for the guitars (only one used in the following clip), bass was the amazing Harley Benton 300 combo with a Celestion loaded extension cab. The PA is the one we used in the 90s. Guitars are a Gibson LP, Epiphone GX (not used on this song), and my bass is a Hohner B Bass 5 string.

Alas the only recording was done on an old Samsung tablet (with interruptions from the 'director's' 5 year old's requests for toilet breaks), so the quality of this opening number is a bit pants. But here it is for what it's worth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ob966qn5l4

Mick

Enjoyed that Howard, thanks for posting, and a belated happy 60th birthday to you.  Looks like you guys had a great time.  Who's idea was it to celebrate the occasion like this, it's a neat idea.  8)

Hope you had plenty of  :beer:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

The idea just sort of crept up on us. The singer, Alan, had been in couple of bands in London, Neal, on guitar, and I had played together on an off since he was at school in the the dim and distant past . . . we all enjoyed gigging, but none of us have played live for a long time. So it was kind of inevitable. We might do it again next year :)

Some alcohol may have been involved after the set . . .

Joom

Enjoyed that immensely, Hinfrance, looked like some great fun.

And as Mick said, Happy 60th.  I still remember that one, though I didn't celebrate it as well... :P
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

Just did another one - managed to get the bass audible using Cubase. This one's got a bit of a meestook at the end, but most of the song is OK . .

Same Samsung tablet 'camera'. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_UI_uAiSi0

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com