Donner Music UK
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,220
  • Total Topics: 1,653
  • Online today: 91
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
Gear4Music

Greetings all

Started by Amptech, May 17, 2015, 09:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amptech

Hi everyone, I'm Bill and I'm a gear junkie..  There, I said it.   I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much stuff, and I do not have any remorse for buying any of it.  I try to use what I can, when I can..  but with my given work schedule, I don't play nearly as much as I should.  I'm a fan of the blues, and have many influences ranging from the iconic BB King to Eric Clapton, Albert King, Freddie King, Elmore James, Johnny Shines, and more..  I was involved in a motorcycle accident early on, and didn't have full use of my hand for almost 16 years, but after telling my orthopedic doc, he was wrong, and plenty of physical therapy, I can again play.  I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas, and information to further the guitar community as best I can..

Mick

Hi Bill, and welcome to GG.  :tup:

We love gear junkies here, I would be one myself given the chance.  Only have a couple of guitars atm, but hope to increase that when circumstances permit.

Look forward to chatting in the forums. Any problems (sitewise) just shout.
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Welcome Bill.

Nice to have someone else on board who has a similar affliction to mine (not the hand, well done for getting that back).

This month I've bought a new bass and I am waiting for a Behringer BX4210A to arrive from DV247 - there is a clear out going on this old model - being discontinued or a new version coming out I guess - and Thomann had sold out before I got the cash together. I've read reviews which say that the drivers are a bit on the fragile side, but as it only cost £150 and decent replacement drivers are only £50 each if the worst comes to the worst I can live with that.

Are you going to let us see a list/pictures of your lifetime's collection?

Scarebear

Yay! Another gear junkie! I'm with Hinfrance ... Let's see/read how extensive the addiction is ;)

Welcome aboard.
guitarfascination.com — my new home for all the articles, videos, and music I discover and create.

Joom

Welcome to GG, Amptech... :)
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Amptech

Well, it's not going to be easy, I think there are 43 guitars, and 65 Amps..  PA gear, effects, etc are another story..  For starters, there are 13 Marshall amps, several Fender Bassman amps, 3 Ampeg B-15's, 3 Ampeg B12XT's, 2 or 3  Ampeg SVT's. Ampeg Reverb o Rocket II, 2 Ampeg Gemini Gemini II's, 3 Fender Super Reverbs, some oddball amps, Silvertone, Gretch, Gibson, etc..  Oh yeah, and Sunn 1200S, 2000S, 3 Sentura II's, a 100S, Sonic I-40, and a Fender Dual Showman..  This is just what I can think of off the top of my head..  Guitar wise, I have 8 Gibson SG's, from 1965 to 1990, 3 Les Pauls, I think 18 Stratocasters, from 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1966, and some newer ones 1990's and some American Standards, Anniversary model, etc.. Acoustics 1940 Martin 000-15, 1997 Gibson CL-40 Artist, Yamaha 12 String, Takamine FS-400 , Takamine FS360 Sho-Bud Pro III, and Fessenden SD-10..Probably some more if I keep looking.. 

Amptech

here are some of the SG's

aldridgeg

Woooooaaaaaaahhh!

Nice to meet you!

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on May 18, 2015, 10:08:21 AM

... Let's see/read how extensive the addiction is ;)

It's bad, real bad.  :D

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Blimey Bill, how big is your house lol..  You must like a id in a candy shop when you look at that lot, so how many years has it taken o build you collection?  I'm seriously impressed.  8)

Do you have a favourite guitar and amp?

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Amptech

My 63 black stratocaster and my 67 Marshall 50w trem head is probably is my favourite combo..  I also have 5 Hammond B3 series organs and 18 Leslie's..  My basement is pretty average, but it is packed..  It looks like Woodstock exploded, and landed in my basement..

Scarebear

Oh my goodness!  :o

I'm telling my wife that she has nothing to worry about with my tiny collection of 14 guitars ;)
guitarfascination.com — my new home for all the articles, videos, and music I discover and create.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com