Donner Music UK
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,198
  • Total Topics: 1,649
  • Online today: 124
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77
  • Google
Guitar Center

What Anti Virus software?

Started by Mick, June 28, 2013, 05:15:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Just out of interest, what Anti Virus software do you use on your PC / Laptop? Loads of people slate Norton internet security, but that's what I've been using for years without problems.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SJG

I use free version of COMODO. Some have opinions against them but I am virus-free and have been for many years :) So it works fine for me!
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Guitarglasgow

I think whatever you use so long as you use it properly and don't do stupid things you're generally going to be OK.

Mick

Quote from: Guitarglasgow on July 24, 2013, 10:46:13 AM
I think whatever you use so long as you use it properly and don't do stupid things you're generally going to be OK.

Good advice.  Although I used to use AVG and Zone alarm a few years ago, and although they would often detect a virus, they wouldn't clean it off my system. Not sure if that still applies.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SJG

Quote from: Guitarglasgow on July 24, 2013, 10:46:13 AM

That is pretty much the truth! Stay away from websites that look shady and you don't feel right about. Like sites with ccTLDs and .co.cc or .tk sites, I stay completely away from them.
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com