Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57
samash.com

GAS

Started by Mick, August 07, 2016, 11:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Anyone suffer from this?  I'm not talking about wind, I mean GAS = Gear/Guitar Acquisition Syndrome.  If I had the spare money and the room for more gear I'm sure I would suffer badly.   :D
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Let me see . . . I've only got one acoustic guitar . . and 2 four string basses . . and 2 five string basses . . and 5 electric guitars.

And 4 bass amps, 2 guitar amps, a PA . . .

So no, I'm fine, I don't need any help at all  :tup:

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 07, 2016, 12:33:31 PM
Let me see . . . I've only got one acoustic guitar . . and 2 four string basses . . and 2 five string basses . . and 5 electric guitars.

And 4 bass amps, 2 guitar amps, a PA . . .

So no, I'm fine, I don't need any help at all  :tup:

Aha, you're doing quite well then Howard.  Until the next bout of GAS that is.  :D

I don't have much gear really. One Yamaha acoustic, 3 Les Pauls (2 Epiphone, and one Harley Benton), 1 really cheap Strat copy, and a really cheap bass.  3 guitar  amps , 1 bass amp. Plus a couple of multi effects pedals. (Boss ME-25, and Zoom G5).

Can't find enough time to play them is my problem.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

My guitars are all relatively cheap - the most expensive is the Prophesy, followed by the now ancient Antoria, then two Harley Bentons and a modified Affinity Strat. My acoustic is a Lidl special - to be fair it plays OK and sounds amazing, loud, deep and bright all at the same time. My basses are a different matter. The cheapo one is an Ibanez, again plays and sounds better than it ought to for the money; the other three are all Hohner Professionals. I've still yet to find any other brand of bass that sounds as good (to my ears). My favourite of those is my 1000+ gigged 4 string B Bass with a Steinberg snap-off bridge.

Amps for guitar are two Fender Mustang 3s, bass amps 2 Trace Elliot heads (500 stereo and 200 mono) and a clutch of 1x15 cabs, Hartke A100, and Harley Benton 300 (which is the one I use for keeping my hand in - can't recommend it highly enough: stick a 1x15 cab on the bottom and you have a gigable rig). I only have multi effects pedals, both Zoom, a G2 and G3. Bass pedals are my old faithful Boss BE5B and Digitech 200BP. Used to have a whammy pedal, but that died.

I am trying really hard not to look at the Thomann or Andertons sites. Honest.

Mick

Out of all the guitars,  the one I pick up the most is the Harley Benton L-450 Plus, not sure why.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I like the HB 450, but my mood varies ;)

At the moment my most used guitar is the Prophesy (although I play bass more, usually the 5 string Hohner or Ibanez).

The other guitar I really like is the SC 1000. I can't describe why, it's just so nice to play. Not given to clean tones mind you, the output from the active pickups is too aggressive.

Hinfrance

Ooops I did it again.

Well, erm, you see it was like this. My only acoustic guitar is my Lidl special western. Sounds great and plays remarkably well, but the fingerboard is make of something unknown and is only stained black. Now wearing through to the underlying pale wood. So I have been keeping my eye out for a replacement acoustic.

It wasn't my fault, honest. The local music shop has a rack of second hand stuff, and yesterday when I paid one of my irregular visits they had a slightly battered but otherwise very lovely Yamaha APX700. I'm afraid I bought it for â,¬250. Really, I had to. It's like the law or something.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com