• Online Ever: 223
  • (April 06, 2015, 12:26:53 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 13
Total: 13
Marshall
VigLink badge

Author Topic: IK Mulitmedia 20th Birthday Give-aways and Discounts  (Read 5372 times)

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
IK Mulitmedia 20th Birthday Give-aways and Discounts
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:52:46 PM »
Those of you who are IK Multimedia product owners will already have had an email (in my case two :) ) detailing the freebies for Amplitube, Sample Tank and T-Rack product users - well worth having - and advising of selected discounts throughout the site.

So pop on over to http://www.ikmultimedia.com and take a look.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Site Owner
    • guitarist-guild
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
Re: IK Mulitmedia 20th Birthday Give-aways and Discounts
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »
Howard, thanks for the heads up.  I have looked at Sample tank and T-Rack's  but never really tried them.  Might do it now though. 

I do however find the custom shop somewhat confusing, which items are free? they all seem to have a price next to them.  Also although they seem to have given us twenty free credits the prices also look like they've gone up.  :doh:

Have you any recommendations? 
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

Camera Craniums
Guitarist Guild

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 08:46:41 PM »
The free versions of Sample Tank and T-Rack are very limited  but still useful. I already had a small stock of Custom Shop credits and I am trying to decide between the Orange 200 bass amp and theFender pro bass head. Going to give them a try and I'll let you know which I go for.

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 05:37:54 PM »
I've had a muck about today with the two bass amp possibles in Amplitube 4 and I'm thinking I might go for the Fender for the variety of sounds. But then again I might not go for either - the sound from my basses direct with just a decent VST compressor ( the IK Multimedia T-Rack Classic for example) is as good if not better than from the modelled amps. Something to ponder on. Adding more 'growl' is merely a case of adding a tube saturation VST.

Offline Mick

• Administrator
  • Site Owner
    • guitarist-guild
    • View Profile
    • Guitarist Guild
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 05:52:34 PM »
I've had a muck about today with the two bass amp possibles in Amplitube 4 and I'm thinking I might go for the Fender for the variety of sounds. But then again I might not go for either - the sound from my basses direct with just a decent VST compressor ( the IK Multimedia T-Rack Classic for example) is as good if not better than from the modelled amps. Something to ponder on. Adding more 'growl' is merely a case of adding a tube saturation VST.

I looked at the T-Rack Classic collection myself. Still can't decide whether to spend them on something now, or wait and see what else comes up later.

Also I said I wasn't sure what items were free in the anniversary giveaway, or how to get them.  I think I now understand after reading this page properly. lol..  :-[ http://www.ikmultimedia.com/20/cs.php

How it works

This giveaway is valid through March 31. To get your gear all you have to do is:
•Launch either AmpliTube Custom Shop, SampleTank Custom Shop or T-RackS Custom Shop
•Then click on either "GEAR" or "SOUNDS" and then click "Restore my gear" or "Restore my sounds"
Thank You, "Guest" For Reading This Post.

Camera Craniums
Guitarist Guild

Offline Hinfrance

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2016, 09:55:33 AM »
well done Mick - clear instructions.

I'm now contemplating maybe something from the T-Rack section - the freebie compressor is, first impressions, really good.

Decisions decisions :)

Later - just looked at the prices for the T-Rack stuff. I don't like it any more  :o
« Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 09:59:27 AM by Hinfrance »