Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 105
  • Mick
samash.com

Jens Larsen - YouTube Jazz Guitar Lessons

Started by Jens, January 10, 2016, 06:13:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jens

Check out my channel for some of my lessons, jazz stuff from beginner to fairly advanced:
https://www.youtube.com/user/jenslarsen02

Most of them are accompanied by articles found on my website:
http://jenslarsen.nl/lessons-2/

If you have any questions or comments then feel free! Feedback is always welcome!

Jens

Mick

Hi Jens, and welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Thanks for posting the link to your youtube channel. you have some great tutorials on there from what I've seen so far.  I've subscribed to it, and going to watch some more.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I've subscribed too. Jazz is not really my thing, but there is loads to learn, and I want to learn :)

Jens

Quote from: Mick on January 10, 2016, 09:09:58 PM
Hi Jens, and welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Thanks for posting the link to your youtube channel. you have some great tutorials on there from what I've seen so far.  I've subscribed to it, and going to watch some more.  :tup:

Thank you Mick! You know where to find me if you have any questions! :)

Jens

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 11, 2016, 10:37:38 AM
I've subscribed too. Jazz is not really my thing, but there is loads to learn, and I want to learn :)

That's great! Thank you! What is you thing? If you don't mind me asking.. Maybe I can suggest a lesson that you'll find useful?

Hinfrance

Quote from: Jens on January 16, 2016, 07:34:47 PM

That's great! Thank you! What is you thing? If you don't mind me asking.. Maybe I can suggest a lesson that you'll find useful?

Well, I like Rock and Progressive Rock; and to some extent Folk - but I've not been playing 6 string too long, so even the most basic of lessons teaches me something new. I was using the Gibson free lessons, learning the bits of songs I could manage, but then they stopped doing them, which I thought was a bit mean.  :'(

Jens

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 17, 2016, 01:34:57 PM
Quote from: Jens on January 16, 2016, 07:34:47 PM

Well, I like Rock and Progressive Rock; and to some extent Folk - but I've not been playing 6 string too long, so even the most basic of lessons teaches me something new. I was using the Gibson free lessons, learning the bits of songs I could manage, but then they stopped doing them, which I thought was a bit mean.  :'(

Maybe some of the lessons on using dim scale on dominants? The tritone scale or the one on harmonic minor. Might work well with some of the progressive rock?

Jens

Hinfrance

Thanks Jens, I shall look at those.

I'll never be as good as you, but it's going to be fun trying  :tup:

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com