Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 293
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 215
  • Total: 215
Gear4Music

Thomann and Gibson/Epiphone

Started by Hinfrance, January 10, 2016, 12:16:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I couldn't help noticing that the range of guitars from both Gibson and Epiphone available on Thomann's site has become extremely limited. Only one Epi single cut,  only high priced Gibson Les Pauls, and no SG models from either of them. Only a handful of the most expensive acoustics too.

I wonder if they have had a bit of a disagreement?

Mick

Dunno what's happening there H, they do seem to have run them down a bit.  I found some Gibson's http://www.thomann.de/gb/gibson_electric_guitars.html

But as you said only one Epiphone to be found.  :o  Perhaps Gibson are selling their own products direct and knocking the dealers on the head.  :)   I know amazon have been doing some good deals on them lately, especially the lead up to Christmas.  Hopefully someone will come along with the answer.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Howard, not sure if this helps.  Stick this in Google, Thomann stop selling new Gibsons

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Just had a good read of the Gibson forum board on the subject. Looks like there is going to be another shake up at Gibson - lots of quality control complaints, and lots of stores no longer stocking them. This would explain why my local shop ( a small chain, so probably has the sales volume) has stopped selling Gibsons and Epis too. It's now all Fender with some Yamaha and Ibanez.

Andertons still seem to have recent stock, but the prices are higher than they were, and I wonder if they might end up without them too.

Mick

I've read a lot of quality control issues with Gibson guitars over the last couple of years, seems to me they are relying on people buying on the name, rather than the quality of the product nowadays.  A lot of the big manufacturers, not just guitars I might add, are doing the same thing. Some get away with churning out some real rubbish at premium prices. 

It'll turn around and bite them up the arse eventually.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Gibson have been here before - in the late 80s and early 90s their quality was really poor.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com