Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 59
  • Total: 59
  • Google (AdSense)
Guitar Center

Blackstar INSIDER 1.7.6

Started by Mick, January 09, 2016, 03:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

As a companion post to my Blackstar ID:Core 40 thread http://guitaristguild.com/index.php/topic,738.0.html

I wish that Blackstar would upgrade their software that come with the ID, and ID:Core range of amps.  They come with Blackstar's Insider software which enable you to connect your amp to the PC via USB, and let you get some extra control and access the hidden settings for your amp. share and download patches etc.

It's a nice piece of software when it works, but it relies on Silverlight to make it work.  You never know when there's a Windows update, or Insider update whether the bloody thing is going to work.  Installed the last long (very) awaited update Insider 1.7.6, and guess what it didn't work.  Kept getting a Silverlight error, and the program would close completely. 

After a lot of faffing around uninstalling and reinstalling Silverlight I still had the same problem. So doing search I discovered this on Microsoft's support site. How to clean a corrupted Silverlight installation and then reinstall Silverlight

Let the tool do it's work, rebooted and now it's working as expected.  :)

Just a shame it's not built like the Fender-Fuse software eh, they could learn a lot from taking a look at that. ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com