Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,190
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 84
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 24
  • Total: 24
  • Google (AdSense)
samash.com

Amplitube 4 pedals

Started by Hinfrance, April 25, 2016, 09:50:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same kind of issues with APT4 effects?

I have been mucking about trying to get a sound similar to Mike Kerr (Royal Blood) using multiple tracks to split and pitch shift my bass in my DAW. I have found that the pitch shifter and Harmonator pedals in APT4 are extremely ineffective. The pitch shifter is of the infinitely variable kind, so it is in the first instance very difficult to choose a precise interval. Having done that the tone produced is not that attractive and it is very difficult (I have found it impossible) to mix the source and output effectively. The Harmonator is just lame. Or maybe I'm really using it badly.

The only VST pitch shifter I have found that works is Pitchproof, a freebie from Aegean Music. Has a bit of trouble tracking the lower bass notes, but generally very good. Seems to use a lot of resource in Cubase, but hardly anything at all in Reaper.

Meanwhile, back to the drawing board, got to add some lower octave to the bass . . .

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com