Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 327
  • Latest: Sucih
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,164
  • Total Topics: 1,631
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 19
  • Total: 19
samash.com

Blackstar ID: Core 40

Started by Mick, April 12, 2015, 06:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Picked a Blackstar ID: Core 40 up a few days ago, and must say I'm very impressed.  Apart from the noise gate on OD1 and OD2 which damps a bit to much for my liking, even when set to low via the insider software,  I had to turn it off.  Anyone else had this noise gate problem? 

Got more usable tones out of this thing than I ever have out of my THR10, which now will remain a iPod dock. lol..   
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SpartanMusic

I actually got the ID Core 20 about a month ago. And yes I think the noise gate is a bit too aggressive, cuts off way too soon. Sometimes when just softly picking the string it doesn't do anything... Didn't know it came with a noise gate at first so thought it was faulty. I should turn it off but not experimented with the software yet. Hope to do some recordings soon.

But yeah apart from that, sounds great! Had a 50w Laney before and this ID core sounds much better. The effects sound pretty good too. Really did improve my tone by quite a bit.

Mick

Hi Mark. Yep you should try the Insider software, it gives you some extra controls for the amp, plus some other cool stuff.  Some of the downloadable patches are excellent too.  :tup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEm5vYoakmA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSH6s35Q_Dg

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SpartanMusic

Yeah I'll definitely try it. Not used to connecting my amp to my laptop haha. I actually bought the USB cable to connect them a few days ago as mine didn't come with one.

Mick

Quote from: SpartanMusic on April 18, 2015, 06:43:05 PM

I actually bought the USB cable to connect them a few days ago as mine didn't come with one.

Mine didn't either, I just assumed it was an optional extra.  fortunately I had one. ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Mick, are you trying to make me buy one to replace my Mustang 3 V1?

They do look like a lot of fun . . .

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 20, 2015, 12:11:02 PM
Mick, are you trying to make me buy one to replace my Mustang 3 V1?

They do look like a lot of fun . . .

H,  I think you should try one out, and see for yourself.  8)

What I love is the sounds you can get out of this thing at any volume, even sounds great through my headphones.  Haven't had a chance to see how it handles pedals yet though, not that you really need any.  Also doubles up as a useful interface with the USB connectivity, so you can record through your favourite DAW.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com