Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 85
  • Mick
Guitar Center

USB guitar interface

Started by Mick, September 13, 2012, 10:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Anyone use one of these before? USB guitar interface It's a USB guitar adaptor, so you can play or record your guitar through your PC.

Any good or just a gimmick?
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarglasgow

I use Linux so I am a little limited by what will work to its full capacity. According to my research I think I am aiming to buy an Alesis I/O 2 at some point, seems to be the best budget option and works with my OS.

Mick

Neat, I've not seen one of those before, so had to google it http://www.alesis.com/io2

Must say if it works as good as it looks, then it's very nice indeed.  (Haven't looked at the price yet though) lol..  You sure it'll work with Linux ?

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Actually I bookmarked a link to some info.  This I'm sure mentioned the The "realtone guitar interface cable" the one that comes with Rocksmith (the game) uses.  Should work with Linux.

I'll edit my post with the link in a second, if I can find it.  ;) 

Found it.  http://www.timelordz.com/blog/2011/12/from-rocksmith-to-free-guitar-effects-and-home-studio-recording/

Real Tone cable can be seen here Rocksmith Real Tone Cable

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarglasgow

Interesting looking cable, but limiting then as it doesn't have xlr inputs which I may use more than the jack on the I/O 2.

Mick

Quote from: Guitarglasgow on November 11, 2012, 06:38:36 PM

Interesting looking cable, but limiting then as it doesn't have xlr inputs which I may use more than the jack on the I/O 2.

True, I didn't think of that. :doh:

I hooked my boys XBox 360 Real Tone cable upto my laptop, and it works perfectly, but I only plugged his bass guitar in to try it.  I have the free version Amplitube 3 installed, which also works very well, except it doesn't fit my screen properly, and I can't get to all the buttons. lol..

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarglasgow

I have used many different amp sims and virtual amps in my time, nothing ever sounds as good as a mic'd amp though. Much prefer that for all kinds of recording.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com