Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 64
  • Total: 64
Gear4Music

Greetings all

Started by Amptech, May 17, 2015, 09:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amptech

Hi everyone, I'm Bill and I'm a gear junkie..  There, I said it.   I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much stuff, and I do not have any remorse for buying any of it.  I try to use what I can, when I can..  but with my given work schedule, I don't play nearly as much as I should.  I'm a fan of the blues, and have many influences ranging from the iconic BB King to Eric Clapton, Albert King, Freddie King, Elmore James, Johnny Shines, and more..  I was involved in a motorcycle accident early on, and didn't have full use of my hand for almost 16 years, but after telling my orthopedic doc, he was wrong, and plenty of physical therapy, I can again play.  I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas, and information to further the guitar community as best I can..

Mick

Hi Bill, and welcome to GG.  :tup:

We love gear junkies here, I would be one myself given the chance.  Only have a couple of guitars atm, but hope to increase that when circumstances permit.

Look forward to chatting in the forums. Any problems (sitewise) just shout.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Welcome Bill.

Nice to have someone else on board who has a similar affliction to mine (not the hand, well done for getting that back).

This month I've bought a new bass and I am waiting for a Behringer BX4210A to arrive from DV247 - there is a clear out going on this old model - being discontinued or a new version coming out I guess - and Thomann had sold out before I got the cash together. I've read reviews which say that the drivers are a bit on the fragile side, but as it only cost £150 and decent replacement drivers are only £50 each if the worst comes to the worst I can live with that.

Are you going to let us see a list/pictures of your lifetime's collection?

Scarebear

Yay! Another gear junkie! I'm with Hinfrance ... Let's see/read how extensive the addiction is ;)

Welcome aboard.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

Welcome to GG, Amptech... :)
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Amptech

Well, it's not going to be easy, I think there are 43 guitars, and 65 Amps..  PA gear, effects, etc are another story..  For starters, there are 13 Marshall amps, several Fender Bassman amps, 3 Ampeg B-15's, 3 Ampeg B12XT's, 2 or 3  Ampeg SVT's. Ampeg Reverb o Rocket II, 2 Ampeg Gemini Gemini II's, 3 Fender Super Reverbs, some oddball amps, Silvertone, Gretch, Gibson, etc..  Oh yeah, and Sunn 1200S, 2000S, 3 Sentura II's, a 100S, Sonic I-40, and a Fender Dual Showman..  This is just what I can think of off the top of my head..  Guitar wise, I have 8 Gibson SG's, from 1965 to 1990, 3 Les Pauls, I think 18 Stratocasters, from 1959, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1966, and some newer ones 1990's and some American Standards, Anniversary model, etc.. Acoustics 1940 Martin 000-15, 1997 Gibson CL-40 Artist, Yamaha 12 String, Takamine FS-400 , Takamine FS360 Sho-Bud Pro III, and Fessenden SD-10..Probably some more if I keep looking.. 

Amptech

here are some of the SG's

aldridgeg

Woooooaaaaaaahhh!

Nice to meet you!

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on May 18, 2015, 10:08:21 AM

... Let's see/read how extensive the addiction is ;)

It's bad, real bad.  :D

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Blimey Bill, how big is your house lol..  You must like a id in a candy shop when you look at that lot, so how many years has it taken o build you collection?  I'm seriously impressed.  8)

Do you have a favourite guitar and amp?

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Amptech

My 63 black stratocaster and my 67 Marshall 50w trem head is probably is my favourite combo..  I also have 5 Hammond B3 series organs and 18 Leslie's..  My basement is pretty average, but it is packed..  It looks like Woodstock exploded, and landed in my basement..

Scarebear

Oh my goodness!  :o

I'm telling my wife that she has nothing to worry about with my tiny collection of 14 guitars ;)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com