Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 224
  • Total: 224
Guitar Center

I'm new here and I play guitar upside down!

Started by GazzerBee, January 05, 2015, 08:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GazzerBee

Hi everyone.

I just stumbled upon this forum because a friend of our band posted some photos here; 

http://guitaristguild.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=78 .   

I've been playing guitar for over 40 years. I'm basically left handed but I play inverted (i.e. upside down so the strings are reverse of what they should be!). I've come across a few other players who do the same e.g. the brilliant Eric Gales. I just wondered if anyone here does the same or knows someone else who does??? Cheers!

Mick

Hi GazzerBee, Happy new year to you, and welcome to GG.  Feel free to post up any tracks, youtube clips, pics or links etc. Look forward to seeing you around the in the forum.

This are a tad quiet here, so if you have any ideas to drum up a few members please do.

Cheers

Mick
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I don't believe I've seen the guitar played/strung that way. Was there a reason you decided to play that way? Did it feel more natural for example?

Oh, and welcome to the forum :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

Welcome to the forums, GazzerBee.  I don't play that way either, but I can appreciate how 'different' it would be.

Settle in and make yourself at home, and as Mick mentioned, feel free to post up some tracks/videos.  Love to hear/see some of your work...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Mick

At least reading TABS would be the right way up. lol..  8)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Maybe if I did that I could get my head around Rocksmith having the strings displaying the wrong way around. Nah, too old to change habits now  ;)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 07, 2015, 01:21:04 PM
Maybe if I did that I could get my head around Rocksmith having the strings displaying the wrong way around. Nah, too old to change habits now  ;)

I should try Rocksmith then tbh, it would probably suite me better..  :D My son has a copy somewhere, although it's the first version.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com