Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,190
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 68
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 76
  • Total: 76
Guitar Center

Gibson Quality?

Started by Hinfrance, December 18, 2014, 01:20:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

I happened to be in the local music shop this morning buying some strap locks, and wondering where I might find the â,¬300 they wanted for an unsold pre Infinium model Bugera 6262 . . .

Anyway, I was window shopping the guitars as well, as is my wont, and noticed something. The various model Gibson Les Pauls on display all looked a bit poorly finished - specifically the maple on the bodies was not very well book matched. To be honest, on a par with my cheapo Harley Benton 450L. Emphasising this they had, hanging next to the Gibsons, a single Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Pro which had a perfect book matched top and just looked better finished all round.

Makes you wonder?

Still loving my two favourite Les Pauls - the Epi Prophesy and the HB 1000 :)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on December 18, 2014, 01:20:08 PM

Emphasising this they had, hanging next to the Gibsons, a single Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Pro which had a perfect book matched top and just looked better finished all round.

Makes you wonder?

Still loving my two favourite Les Pauls - the Epi Prophesy and the HB 1000 :)

Does make you wonder, I agree.  Funny you should mention the EPI Standard Plus top Pro, I bought one of these in Trans Blue a while back from Peach guitars, and must say it's a lovely guitar in every way.

My Current line up. Epiphone Prophecy Les Paul Custom Plus GX, Harley Benton L450 Plus, and Epiphone Standard Plus top Pro.  Loving them all.  Just wish I had more time to play with them.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Sounds like you have got a bit of a Les Paul addiction going on there Mick. Ever thought about trying a Strat, Tele, or ES335?

Although I have to admit my Les Pauls are my favourites there is no doubt that the Strat makes sounds they are incapable of: ditto the ES335.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com