Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,191
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 56
  • Total: 56
Gear4Music

Hello from Alex

Started by GuitarSightedAlex, October 04, 2014, 07:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarSightedAlex

Hey Guitarist Guild Forum members!  I'm new here, was recommended by guitarphil1 Where should I get started? 
Transforming Your Six String Ambition to Reality
Take my Getting Started Teaching Guitar Survey here:  http://svy.mk/Zpdhqm

Mick

Hi Alex, and welcome to GG.   :tup:

Quote from: GuitarSightedAlex on October 04, 2014, 07:19:53 AM

Where should I get started?

Well, you posted in the right place for your first post  ;) and I'm sure there's a board or category somewhere in the forum that will suite what you need.  If not just shout and we can add one.  Nothing is set in stone on here, and tbh needs a bit of fine tuning (so to speak). 

Look forward to reading your posts.  Any problems, just ask.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Joom

Hey Alex, welcome to GG.  As Mick said, look around, and post where you're interested.  Maybe you could let us know a little about yourself - what do you play, do you prefer working with covers or originals when you play, etc.

Just being buddies with GP is a good start... ;)
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: GuitarSightedAlex on October 04, 2014, 07:19:53 AM
Hey Guitarist Guild Forum members!  I'm new here, was recommended by guitarphil1 Where should I get started?

H & welcome! You are sure to find some great stuff on here! If you need any help just ask! Keep in touch
James
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

GuitarSightedAlex

Haha thanks for the warm welcome, sorry for my delayed reply, I was expecting an email notification but may have to double-check my settings.  Yeah I appreciate Guitar Phil for his recommendation!  I lean towards the covers, but very much want to step back into the song writing world soon!  I grew up playing in the church so that's always there if I'm in the mood but right now I prefer to play Indie and MetalCore mostly (not pure shred metal necessarily more of the breakdown mathematical underground variety).
Transforming Your Six String Ambition to Reality
Take my Getting Started Teaching Guitar Survey here:  http://svy.mk/Zpdhqm

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com