Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 164
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 174
  • Total: 174
samash.com

FOUND THIS! Have a listen!

Started by GuitarStarTV, September 20, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarStarTV

Can't believe I found this track from my old band on YouTube
Have a listen & let me know hat you think!
Good for a laugh!

http://youtu.be/nin7vF-TiqQ
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Scarebear

That's a great track. It's an original? Awesome guitar work all the same :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

Great song, GS, well done.  Who did the recording and mix on that one?

Great video, too...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Hey Scarebear & Joom thanks so much for the comments! Yep it's an original & will post some more up as I've found loads of our stuff. We recorded it at a studio called Purple studios in Norwich. My band was called Canine Feline & we were starting to make real progress getting some really big gigs then the others decided they didn't want to travel. I was so angry as put my heart & soul into promoting that band & getting us the gigs so I left. I wanted to push it to the top but the others obviously had lack of commitment
Check out my pages @

Mick

Great guitar work on this one James, loved it.  Band sounds great all round, shame it had to split.  :'(
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Mick on September 21, 2014, 08:31:19 AM
Great guitar work on this one James, loved it.  Band sounds great all round, shame it had to split.  :'(

Yeah it was a shame. Got us loads of London gigs, a slot at the Liverpool cavern club & playing at a big pride event too but they just weren't dedicated enough!
Check out my pages @

Hinfrance

I like it.

Getting people to go for it is always a struggle. I had enough of that in the early 80s, so when I started playing again in the later part of that decade it was with a covers band and for the craic and pocket money. To be honest, a much more enjoyable and rewarding time - we kept at it for nigh on 20 years and it was always fun.

I found a few things on YouTube that I did too - not that I am credited at all - I was married to the singer's sister and did it as a side project, kind of. Anyway, let's just say the divorce was not a bloodless coup . .

Me on bass on the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEkpChBvSe0&list=PL6EE3BC4F9C87A2C1&index=5 (although on reflection I think this recording may have been the previous bass player Adam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_Lw5fi13XE&list=PL6EE3BC4F9C87A2C1&index=10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbjnaQzJqfU&index=3&list=PL0tFJD9LqXzYZcYyw7VUZG1gmtmc2GTEP (my favourite from my short time with them, I think)
And, knock me down with a feather, I'm actually in this appalling video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-4uzfK8yjE&list=PL6EE3BC4F9C87A2C1&index=64 Done somewhere in Cheltenham. I think I've got the original U-Matic tape in the basement somewhere. It really should stay there, in the dark.

Tony was (is? they are still going) a rather pedestrian guitar player, but ex-sister in law has an amazing voice, loud - over 105db at 1 metre - we measured it when the studio mics kept overloading. Rather a narrow target audience though, I reckon.

GuitarStarTV

Really enjoyed these tracks! Reminded me of evanescence and the melodies were really great!
Check out my pages @

Joom

Nice stuff, H.  And you're right, she has quite a voice.  Fun stuff to look back on..
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

I find it about as embarrassing as I find it nostalgic. It was a bit weird being the only atheist in a religious band  :o

I've got a couple of copies of the first single they released: that was recorded in my living room and kitchen (for the reverb) on a four track (state of the art home recording stuff at the time  :D )

Joom

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com