Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 143
samash.com

Cheeky favour!

Started by GuitarStarTV, September 01, 2014, 05:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarStarTV

I know this sounds really cheeky but thought if throw it out there!
I'm looking for a new profile picture to use on all social media, artwork & on my website which will be constructed. & launched in the future. The only thing is I'm not that great so was wondering if anyone on here was any good at designing artwork?
If you are & want to design my new image then feel free! It can be anything as long as it somehow represents GUITAR STAR TV
Of course I will give you all credit on every site & post any links to your stuff etc that you like. I think it's all about helping others & spreading the word for each other!
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Mick

James, I don't think it's cheeky at all, some people love doing this kind of stuff as a challenge.  :idea:

That said, you've seen what a hash up I made of my twitter / face book profile pics, lol.  Have you got any ideas what kind of thing you're after, colours, what images to include (drawn, or photos), text etc?
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Mick on September 01, 2014, 08:53:31 AM
James, I don't think it's cheeky at all, some people love doing this kind of stuff as a challenge.  :idea:

That said, you've seen what a hash up I made of my twitter / face book profile pics, lol.  Have you got any ideas what kind of thing you're after, colours, what images to include (drawn, or photos), text etc?

Hey mate! I'm pretty open to any ideas really. I had the idea of a simple design using the letters G S T V along with a simple logo using bold eye catching colours but saying that I would love an image too. Just something that anyone can associate with me & my page!
Check out my pages @

Joom

I do logos and some graphic work for the business, GS, so I have a little experience.  I'll see what I can come up with today.  Usually it's a case of doing a half dozen (or more) different styles and then picking one and refining.

Got a few things to take care of this morning, but I'll play with it later on...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Thank you so much Joom I really appreciate your help & can't wait to see what you come up with!
Check out my pages @

Joom

Forgot to ask - what would be the primary use size be for this?  Avatars are usually 90x90 to 100x100, but profile and literature images are generally larger and give a little more freedom to play.  Just thought I'd check...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Joom

Quote from: GuitarStarTV on September 01, 2014, 11:13:39 AM
Thank you so much Joom  I really appreciate your help & can't wait to see what you come up with!

Typing at the same time.

No problem, GS, we'll see what we can come up with.  Could be that while we're looking at 10 different ideas, somebody else comes up with just the perfect one.  That's how it goes sometimes.

And I always tell people, no hard feelings if you don't like anything that comes out... ;)

GuitarStarTV

You could do 1 for a profile image if you like then I can shrink it for an avatar or you can always use simple lettering for the avatar! Thanks so much once again!
Check out my pages @

Joom

GS, I was just looking at your FaceBook page.  I like the B&W profile pic you have there.  Will still work on a graphic one, but that sits pretty well in there.

Also wanted to mention (just slap me if I'm wrong), I think you might be using the work "tuition" incorrectly there in a few places.  Looks like you meant "instruction", where tuition usually means a fee for education.  Something like "Free online guitar instruction", or "Tuition free online guitar instruction".  But like I said, just slap me and tell me to shut up... "P

GuitarStarTV

Think you make a very good point there Joom never thought about that! See that's why I need help in this area! Lol!
Check out my pages @

Joom

Just things I notice, GS.  When I taught Computer Science and Business Data Processing at university I substituted for an Honors English class quite often, so it's habit.

Not that I don't make mistakes and typos too, but it's easier to catch other people doing it... :P

GuitarStarTV

Wow that sounds a fantastic skill to have! Good to know I've got you on board to help mate! Feel free to pick up anything. I'm always up for finding out ways I could improve my status & advertising skills!
Check out my pages @

Mick

I'm assuming the use of the terms, "Free online tutorials", or "Free guitar tutorials" are ok?  They seem to be commonly used throughout the internet.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

GuitarStarTV

Yeah it does! Would like to have something else that makes me stand out from others!
Check out my pages @

Joom

Quote from: Mick on September 01, 2014, 08:19:15 PM
I'm assuming the use of the terms, "Free online tutorials", or "Free guitar tutorials" are ok?  They seem to be commonly used throughout the internet.

Oh yeah, all good Mick...

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com