Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 293
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 238
  • Total: 238
Gear4Music

This place needs a theme song...

Started by Joom, August 31, 2014, 02:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joom

A couple months ago I mentioned to Mick that this place really needs its own theme song.  Mick said to go for it.  So I did.  To date, I've written three of them.  Because of a lot of "life happens" things over the last couple months (me and everybody else) I've been having trouble getting music/musicians together to get a tune done for any of them.

I kept thinking that maybe I could talk some of the fine players/singers here into a collab, but that's been a hard sell so far.  So, I finally decided to put one up here in the hopes of getting some interest going.  Before you ask, I did not play this (though I wish I had, but can't play anymore) - loops/samples/etc.  I'm down to stealing other peoples' work.  ::)

It would be cool to have people from the site here do this one for real - direct cover or remake, or I can post other lyrics I've written and see where that goes as a collab.  If there's interest.  Either way, GG needs a kick butt theme song, so me being me I'll just keep poking and prodding till we get one going.

Meantime, I'm hoping this might peak some interest.  Musicians and a singer.  I'm not putting this out as any kind of proposed final theme piece, this is just to get attention and hopefully something started.

Quick and dirty...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Mick

Hey Joom, what a great idea,thank you. That's a great track you put together there mate, and got the guitarist guild in there nicely too..  :tup:

I'm guessing we don't have enough permanent members to take up the challenge, although we do have a few regulars, namely Scarebear, GuitarStarTV, Hinfrance, Connor Baxter, WhiteStrat. 

I have no idea how the whole collab thing works, but I'm sure you can talk us through the process, if there is any takers.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

GuitarStarTV

Hey guys! I would definitely be up for writing a theme song for the site or using the one Joom put up of johnny be Goode redone! How about if I put up a few riff ideas on sound cloud & if you like any of them we can take it from there! I just don't have professional recording equipment at home though
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Joom

Thanks, Mick.  Just one of three different ones I wrote.  Doesn't take many people to get a collab going, so we have more than enough here right now.  Just need to play around with ideas and get something going.  I figured everybody would know about the collab process, but if not I can write down the basics.

GS, you don't really need professional equipment.  Just the right setup for what you have.  Long as you can get a clean sound (clean being relative), we can take the track and run with it on a mix.  Feel free to put up some riff ideas, love to hear them.  We'll get something going, by jimminy.  ;)

Oh, and the one above is more of a "At The Hop", with just a touch of "Johnny Be Goode" tossed in, slaughtered with some 80's metal.  ;D

Anyway, anything you feel like doing (and everybody else), jump on in...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Sunday good to me! I'll get right on it & share my riffs so you can let me know if any of them would suit a theme song for this super cool site!
Check out my pages @

Joom

Excellent, GS, looking forward to it.  And if you can't get a beat/time feel for those lyrics, here's another set to play with.  Just for kicks and grins.  Whatever works.

Well if you play guitar
Then come on down and see
Why Guitarist Guild
Is where you want to be

Take a look around
See what we do
It’s a community
Made just for you
So stop on by
There’s a whole lot here to see

Well you know that we’re second to none
Learn something new or just have fun
And join us at Guitarist Guild - dot com

We’re a guitar player’s
Web community
Just check us out
And we think you’ll agree

We’re the friendliest place
You will find
So check us out
If you’re so inclined
It’s a whole new
String philosophy

Yeah you know that we’re second to none
So learn something new or just have fun
Come join us at Guitarist Guild - dot com

Joom

Or, of course, come up with your own.  All good...

GuitarStarTV

Looking forward to it! Great lyrics by the way!
Check out my pages @

Connor Baxter

Hey Guys, thanks for Mentioning me. Sounds like a really great idea Joom, lot's of fun! I'd love to collab on this if you'll have me, If a set structure and session is set on a DAW session, then if you want just send it over, and I'll Put down some guitar. just let me know what you want on it :)

Great work guys!

Joom

Very cool, Conner.  I don't know where GS is with this right now, we all get interrupted by real life quite often, but when everybody gets a chance it will be great to have you in on this.  And anything I can do to help, of course...

Mick

Just a heads up,

the new media system we have installed here should enable you guys to upload your tracks in albums or categories.  You can create an album and allow only certain members to view them and download them etc.  This should be handy for collab stuff.   The media sys also has its own Audio player built in for your convenience. 

[media id=13]GG Theme 1 test by Mick posted Jan 06, 2015, 09:59 PM[/media]

You'll find the Media button at the top on the main site menu.  You can also upload video files, and link to youtube vids using the same system.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Joom

Mick

Quote from: Joom on January 07, 2015, 04:29:26 AM
Very cool, Mick...

I agree, its cool.  Might run another AmpliTube 3 giveaway using the media system, perhaps a post you gear, photo comp or something similar.  Either way I'm sure we can put it to good use.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com