Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 51
  • Mick
Guitar Center

Band name?

Started by GuitarStarTV, August 27, 2014, 06:21:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarStarTV

Hey all!
I'm thinking of getting back onto the live scene again soon. & was chewing over a few band names. Let me know what you think of these.

Audio poison
My midnight empire
4am ice cream club (don't ask!) lol!

Any other suggestions please feel free to share!
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Hinfrance

I always wanted to call my last band Uncle Ted the Magician, but was overruled in favour of Roaring Trade.

I guess that worked better on a poster announcing our performances in the local pubs . . although my favourite band name was Phil Beer's "Free Beer" which always pulled them in.

Of your selection I prefer the 4am Icecream Club.  :tup:

Mick

:hmm: James, that's a tricky one for me.  What style of music does (will) your band play?
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Audio Poison is a cool sounding name. It probably depends on the musical stylings (making Mick's question a good one  ;)).
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

They're all good.  I kept looking at them, though, and seeing "Audio Empire".

Can't say why, but I used the term "Audio Plaid" once in a song and thought to myself that would be a cool band name.

But as Mick and SB said, what kind of style/genre will it be for?
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Cheers for the response guys!
Yeah it definitely depends on the styling. Was thinking audio poison for a kind of rage against the machine style band or something heavy ish, think the other 2 are more mainstream names! Great idea Scarebear  I like audio empire!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

Audio Empire is a great name. That's all Joom :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

Quote from: Scarebear on August 30, 2014, 10:25:20 PM
Audio Empire is a great name. That's all Joom :)

:P :P :P

Scarebear, Joom, they all look the same... ;D
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 27, 2014, 05:28:28 PM
I always wanted to call my last band Uncle Ted the Magician, but was overruled in favour of Roaring Trade.

I guess that worked better on a poster announcing our performances in the local pubs . . although my favourite band name was Phil Beer's "Free Beer" which always pulled them in.

Of your selection I prefer the 4am Icecream Club.  :tup:
Thanks Hinfrance  I do love that name too as it doesn't give anything away about the style of the band & if the band ended up being quite heavy then it adds a sense of irony too! It's such an important decision choosing the right name!
Check out my pages @

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com