Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
samash.com

Hi to all

Started by macman, July 02, 2014, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macman

Hello everyone,

My name is Mark. I am 43 years old and I live in Delaware - USA. I like playing guitar and recording and mixing. My main guitars I go to the most are an Ibanez RG1XXV and a Fender Ritchie Blackmore strat.  I have been playing ~20 years and have ~10 years of recording experience. I am looking forward to checking out covers etc here and getting and giving advice on all things guitars, recording and mixing.

Hoping to learn more, offer some wisdom, and be a part of the community here.

thanks for having be on board!

Mick

Mark, hi and welcome to GG. 

Great to hear you're into playing and recording, I'm a complete novice at both of those, so you might get asked a few silly questions.  :D

Look forward to seeing you around the forums, and if you have any ideas to improve the site just shout. Also if you have a website, or twitter facebook pages etc, then you can post them up, or add them to your signature, or profile.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Joom

Hey macman, welcome to the forums.  Good to see another new 'face'. ;)

Do you do mostly covers, or have you also written/recorded some original songs we could hear?
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

macman

I mostly do covers, my songwriting ability is not very good. I want to get better at it.

I will post a cover or two in near future. I am looking forward to checking out the work posted here.

Joom

Looking forward to hearing your work.  And I'll bet you're better at song writing than you're letting on.

I don't play much anymore, too old and broken now, but I still like to write...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Scarebear

Welcome Mark. It seems to me like Joom could write you some originals to record ;)

Your Strat sounds nice. Did the Blackmore Strat have the larger headstock?
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Joom

Quote from: Scarebear on July 04, 2014, 03:47:03 AM
Welcome Mark. It seems to me like Joom could write you some originals to record ;)

You read my mind, Scarebear. :P

I've probably got a dozen or so sitting on the shelf that I haven't done anything with, all ready to go.  Or a new one sounds like fun.  Just need a theme, a thought, or a tune for reference, and we'll run with it... ;)

DialtonePickups

Welcome Mark!! You mentioned that you're looking forward to offering advice about anything guitar-related, so I'm just going to throw it out there... I ask lots of questions and am always looking for feedback, so that's great news for me! There are a couple of us who use this one account - this is Tory writing, and you'll also see John posting from time to time. We're looking forward to seeing you on the board!

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com