Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,191
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 70
  • Total: 70
samash.com

Bordello Guitars - New Model update and pics

Started by bordelloguitars, June 06, 2014, 07:12:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bordelloguitars

Hi guys,

Thought you might want to see what I have been up to this week.... http://bordello.guitars/news-article/New-T-Model-work-so-far

here's a little taster pic   :)

have a great weekend!   8)
cheers
Mark
Individual electric guitars.  Crafted by hand in the UK.

Scarebear

Cool! What's going on there exactly? Busy-bodies like me just need to know the details! :)

I did the Taylor Guitar factory tour a couple of years ago and found it fascinating. I love this kind of stuff. I'm envious of your skills.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

bordelloguitars

Hi Scarebear........Taylor Guitar factory tour sounds great, always cool to see the build assembly and techniques etc  8)
.... this is a shot of the neck construction - here I have hand planed up the maple pieces for the neck and then glued together form a 7 piece laminate with walnut veneers inbetween.  Doing this in one go is a bit stressy, particularly when using polyurethane glue, as the open time is not very long, but it gives a good strong bond.  So, after some swearing and sweating, you end up with the pic here....  check out this link for the rest of the pics.... let me know what you think, I got hold of some really nice veneers for the headstock  :)  http://bordello.guitars/news-article/New-T-Model-work-so-far

Cheers!! :)

bordelloguitars

some extra pics for you   ;D 
here is the planed laminated neck showing the walnut pinstriping....

... shaped and with truss rod slot.....

...a bit of work with scrapers, planes and spoke shaves tidy up the back of the headstock and create the vollute..

...gluing on the Vavonna veneer...

front of the headstock cut to shape.....birdseye maple ...

and the back..in Vavonna :)

Scarebear

They're awesome photographs. Thanks for sharing those. I'd love to build an electric guitar just once.

bordelloguitars

DialtonePickups

Awesome! I wonder how it'd look with a set of Dialtone Pickups installed in it... ;)

For a VERY quick moment we'd thought about trying to build an electric guitar ourselves, but then we realized how much work it is, and how hard it is to get it right, so we decided to leave it up to the experts. We really respect the folks like you who are able to pull it off! Seeing the development from scratch is really cool, too.

- Tory, Dialtone Pickups

Mick

Quote from: DialtonePickups on June 11, 2014, 06:22:06 AM

Awesome! I wonder how it'd look with a set of Dialtone Pickups installed in it... ;)

- Tory, Dialtone Pickups

Now there's an idea, perhaps you guys should have a chat.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Quote from: Mick on June 11, 2014, 06:51:58 AM
Now there's an idea, perhaps you guys should have a chat.  ;)

Ooh. Imagine a Tele with tones also from other guitar shapes/styles! Awesome :)

bordelloguitars

Quote from: DialtonePickups on June 11, 2014, 06:22:06 AM

For a VERY quick moment we'd thought about trying to build an electric guitar ourselves, but then we realized how much work it is, and how hard it is to get it right, so we decided to leave it up to the experts. We really respect the folks like you who are able to pull it off! Seeing the development from scratch is really cool, too.

- Tory, Dialtone Pickups

Always open to suggestions/ new ideas  ;). Very interesting concept you have. To add my opinion on finish, I personally like the Cosmo Black finish that Gotoh do on their hardware. Not sure how they achieve that. Bareknuckle do some interesting finishes too.

Mark

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com