Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 86
  • Total: 86
samash.com

Dialtone Pickups begins its Kickstarter campaign tomorrow

Started by Scarebear, June 01, 2014, 10:28:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarebear

Dialtone Pickups begins its Kickstarter campaign tomorrow. I'll be watching. Can you imagine a guitar like a Gibson Melody Maker (single humbucker in the bridge position) with one pickup that could dial in multiple pickup tones? This could be super exciting!

Check it out.

scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Scarebear

I meant to embed this video as well. Awesome little video that explains the benefits of this pickup.

WANT!

DialtonePickups

Thanks for posting, Scarebear! These pickups will be available for pre-order in less than six hours. We are very excited!

For anyone who hasn't heard of Dialtone Pickups, our website is http://www.dialtonepickups.com , Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dialtone-Pickups/1390959291124589 , and we'll be releasing our Kickstarter page at 5pm Pacific Time today, so at that point the pickups will be available for pre-order. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions!

Mick

DialtonePickups, welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Good luck with the launch, hope it goes well for you guys.  Love the idea behind those pickups, I've just been checking out your youtube channel, cool stuff.  :tup:

So the controls are built into the pickup itself, any plans on making them with externally wired pots?
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I caught some of the live feed today and I liked what I saw. It was interesting to watch people from the audience have a crack at it (beautiful PRS by the way). I like the look of the Kickstarter campaign. I hope to get involved in the coming weeks. I'm pretty sure I could utilise the services of Guitar Sauce to improve another of my cheap guitars with this pickup.

I'm dying to know what the two dials do (Q and F on the spec diagram).

If I was to suggest anything (so I will ;)) I'd create another Kickstarter option that gave people the T-shirt (with and without the pickups as options). The more price-point options the better.

DialtonePickups

Hi Scarebear!

The dials adjust the tone's Q value and resonant frequency. I've added a tshirt option to the campaign. Great idea - thank you for the feedback!

Scarebear

Quote from: DialtonePickups on June 03, 2014, 12:06:00 AM
Hi Scarebear!

The dials adjust the tone's Q value and resonant frequency. I've added a tshirt option to the campaign. Great idea - thank you for the feedback!

Thanks for that! I like the new options. The case for me to make another purchase in the land of guitar just got stronger :)

DialtonePickups

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to point out that we have cancelled our Kickstarter campaign, and instead are offering pre-orders directly. Please visit our website to learn more or to place an order! Our first batch is limited to 500 pickups, or 250 sets, so don't miss your chance to pick up a set! www.dialtonepickups.com

DialtonePickups

Quote from: Mick on June 01, 2014, 06:31:52 PM
DialtonePickups, welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Good luck with the launch, hope it goes well for you guys.  Love the idea behind those pickups, I've just been checking out your youtube channel, cool stuff.  :tup:

So the controls are built into the pickup itself, any plans on making them with externally wired pots?

Hi Mick. Thanks for the welcome! This is John the  inventor of the pickup. I'm not planning on building the circuit with external pots at this point. IMO there would be just too many knobs in one spot!

The pickups do free up tone pots on the body for other purposes. I want to add some gain control here! For example my PRS has three knobs- I plan to try out:
Master Volume
Neck Gain
Bridge Gain

Scarebear

Quote from: DialtonePickups on June 08, 2014, 02:46:13 AM
The pickups do free up tone pots on the body for other purposes. I want to add some gain control here! For example my PRS has three knobs- I plan to try out:
Master Volume
Neck Gain
Bridge Gain

Now that sounds awesome!

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com