Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 148
  • Total: 148
Guitar Center

What made you feel good today?

Started by Hinfrance, May 02, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Quote from: Mick on June 08, 2019, 12:14:17 PM
H, nice one.  Yes hopefully it's a replacement pot.  Did you get it under their warranty?

Maybe they're sending you a new Gibson.  :idea:

A new Gibson you say . . that would be a strange and wonderful thing to behold.

Changing the pot if it is a new plug-in one will only take couple of minutes, and warranty, not likely, I bought it in July 2014.  :legit:

Ooh, and I lied, it's not DHL, it's TNT.  :doh:

Mick

lol..  Yes wouldn't mind a Gibson myself either. 

So I'm guessing "Epiphone Limited Lifetime warranty" doesn't cover the bits that break, moving parts and all that.  http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Les-Paul/Prophecy-Les-Paul-Custom-Plus-GX.aspx

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Electrics/Les-Paul/Prophecy-Les-Paul-Custom-Plus-GX/Warranty.aspx
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Interesting Mick - maybe that's what's happening, a warranty replacement. I hadn't even considered that possibility  ;)

Joom

Sounds like you might be in luck, H.  Be interesting to see what it actually is...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Mick

Well if that is what's happening, then fair play to Gibson.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

The package arrived. Replacement pot inside.

Three quick bits of soldering later and the Prophesy is back to full operational status.

Three cheers for Gibson.  :tup:

Hinfrance

Ah, well, you see, it's like this.

Schecter Bansee with Floyd Rose. B string clamp thread strips - what to do? Replacement genuine Floyd Rose €200 plus. I am not paying that. So eBay, Chinese 'genuine licenced' Floyd Rose kit, bridge, whammy bar, posts, nut, springs, the lot. £17. Worth a punt.

Arrived in less than 2 weeks. Not quite the same dimensions as the model of bridge fitted by Schecter, so carving chisels came out and small increase in the guitar void made. Whammy bar is a bizarre shape and angle so need a bit of persuasion in a vice to be useable. I used the original FR posts and nut, obviously - no need for major surgery.

Don't know why, but instead of 3 springs I had to fit all 5 to balance the string tension. Anyway, upshot is it holds tune now better than the OEM bridge and so I am quite pleased with myself. Oh, and the intonation is perfect, just copied the positions of the saddles from the Floyd Rose.  :tup:

Later - went back to three springs by adjusting the tension bar a bit. Much happier now, although I was pretty happy with it before.

shannonrichards

Getting the chance to play my guitar.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com