Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
Gear4Music

What made you feel good today?

Started by Hinfrance, May 02, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Bummer, so it's not going to arrive any time soon then.  Ah well, it'll give you something to look forward to at least.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

It's arrived!

It's lovely. Did I mention I really like Hohner basses ?  ;D

Looks like it's hardly been played. Has that wonderful deep and bright but not trebly tone that floats my boat.

Hinfrance

I have had my Hohner B Bass V for a few days now, and spent a few hours playing it.

The local music emporium didn't have any 5 string bass sets, so I am sticking with the old strings that were on it until my next Thomann order. Doesn't seem to stop it sounding good though.

I actually had to RAISE the action to get it to match my other Hohners, and I like the action at the dusty end quite low.

The quality of the instrument is easy to see even at a casual glance, but as an example of attention to detail the back plate, which has to be removed to access the battery, is secured by 5 screws that locate into brass captive star nuts - not into bare wood.

The dink in the headstock disclosed by the seller is much less evident than it was in the pictures, and so I shall not touch it.

If any of you are bass players out there, try to get hold of one of these classics while you can. I really cannot fathom why Hohner stopped making their basses.

SoundSimon

Finding this online store for buying guitar strings made me feel really good today. ood today.  :D
https://www.soundbasemegastore.com/instruments/guitars/guitar-accessories/guitar-strings/

Mick

Quote from: SoundSimon on May 15, 2015, 03:24:57 PM
Finding this online store for buying guitar strings made me feel really good today. ood today.  :D
https://www.soundbasemegastore.com/instruments/guitars/guitar-accessories/guitar-strings/

Simon, welcome to Guitarist Guild. Why don't you post a bit about the sound base megastore in the company shout outs board, you can find it here  https://guitaristguild.com/index.php/board,37.0.html  Then you can keep us updated with any offers, or promotions you have on the go.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

OK, I know it's rude to brag, but I have just completed my new, and
probably last ever bass rig.I bought two 4x10 Kustom cabs and a second hand Ampeg Portaflex 500. Oh my, but it sounds good! Just waiting for Santa to bring me a new Boss multi effects pedal to replace my old Digitech (which is still mostly running well, with the occasional glitch). Then roll on Worfstock 2019.

Mick

Howard, congrats on the new gear, hope it works well for you, and we love hearing about new gear purchases. Reviews welcome as always.   ;)

Look forward to seeing the videos from Worfstock 2019 please post em up.  :tup:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I'll see what I can do about some reviews Mick. Might have to wait a bit . . .

Joom

Congrats, H, and hoping Santa comes through for you.  As Mick said, look forward to hearing more about it...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

I've been shopping again . . I bought a Jackson Dinky just before Christmas. It was, not to put too fine a point on it, rubbish. Really poorly made and sounded absolutely rank.

So I sent it back, sold a classic 90s drum machine and bought a Schecter Banshee in trans black. Arrived yesterday - absolutely lovely until about 10:30 this morning when the strap on my bass caught its stand as I lifted it off and twisted it sideways, just overbalancing the stand with the Schecter on it: Schecter went sideways onto the concrete floor of my basement . . .

Luckily nothing serious broke, but the lower wing of the body has a centimetre long wound where the varnish has been broken off of the binding and part of the top gloss is missing too.

Bugger!

Joom

Sounds like one of my days, H.  Hopefully the wound doesn't hinder the use of the Schecter...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

It plays fine, it's just a bit not immaculate any more. I'm feeling better about it today. I do, after all, have chips and dinks on all of my basses apart from the relatively new Ibanez.

Joom

Quote from: Hinfrance on January 09, 2019, 01:30:28 PM
It plays fine

Cool.  And yeah, I would guess we all have a tendency to occasionally drop/bump/scratch our instruments over the years...

Hinfrance

Some of you may recall that I have a broken Prophesy, and I was having no luck trying to find a replacement for the broken push/pull pot. In the end I went to Gibson's support page and sent them an email, asking simply where I might be able to get a new pot. I had a holding reply a day later asking for some time to answer the question. That was bout two weeks ago. What with being busy and having no DSL for most of the intervening time due to our land line having snapped somewhere between us and the local router, I hadn't given it any further thought.

Yesterday evening, however, still without hearing any more from Gibson's support team, I got an email from DHL telling me that Gibson were sending me a parcel - I'm hoping that it is a new pot - I'll keep you posted :)

Mick

H, nice one.  Yes hopefully it's a replacement pot.  Did you get it under their warranty?

Maybe they're sending you a new Gibson.  :idea:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com