Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 327
  • Latest: Sucih
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,164
  • Total Topics: 1,631
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 17
  • Total: 17
samash.com

What made you feel good today?

Started by Hinfrance, May 02, 2014, 12:22:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Thomann. Thomann, as you probably already know, is the German online music store where I get most of my music software and equipment.

They give a 3 year warranty. But, as I am sure you will also know, online stores can be a pain to deal with when something goes wrong.

Not Thomann. I have a pair of studio grade headphones, but unfortunately the connecting cable has developed a fault. Yesterday I sent a repair request. They usually email a prepaid return label, but this morning they got in touch and said they were just going to sent a replacement. All I had to do was keep the broken 'phones for 60 days, in case they want to examine the fault (they probably won't), then do what I want with them.

Oh, and by the time I had finished typing this they had already sent a shipping confirmation.

Customer service is alive and well, at least in small pockets.  :tup:

Scarebear

That's good service and in today's day and age, makes perfect business sense. You've already created some excellent free promotion for them. Win win :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Mick

Well just signed up as a Thomann partner, hence the new badge

:tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Quote from: Mick on May 06, 2014, 09:14:24 PM
Well just signed up as a Thomann partner, hence the new badge 

:tup:

Excellent!

WMMFGT - Eurovision!

Yeah, it's Eurovision week again - I just love it. Big, mad, spectacular, weird, sometimes formulaic, often hilarious. Looking forward to Saturday evening :tup:

poisonwell7

If your looking for guitar lessons in Richland WA we can help you overcome any challenge or frustration you're dealing with.

Hinfrance

Yesterday was interesting. As you may have seen in other threads I am going to upgrade my Mustang 3 amplifier to a mark 2 to take advantage of the DI outs.

I went to my local music shop, Bergerac Music, on the off chance that they might have one, and they did. The really good news is that in order to stay in business they have adopted a pricing policy based on internet prices. So when I asked how much it was the answer was the same as the price on Thomann's site. Only this amp won't be thrown around by UPS before I get it, I support my local store, and I have someone to whine at if it goes wrong. Result. I'm going back this morning to pick it up :tup:

Joom

Congrats, Hinfrance, hope it's working out for you...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

Got the amp. First let me say I really liked the V1. Second, the V2 sounds even better. It has a more rounded tone, whereas the V1 could be a lilttle bit on the harsh side at times.

One of my favourite presets was missing from the set on the V2 so I used the Fuse software to recreate it in an unwanted slot on the V2. Fuse software is the icing on the cake with these amps.

I am now trying to decide whether to sell the V1 or sell the Roland D60. Lots of sleeping on it will have to be done. :-\

Joom

Quote from: Hinfrance on August 30, 2014, 09:51:22 AM
Lots of sleeping on it will have to be done. :-\

:P :P

Isn't that always the case?  And then you usually end up wondering if you made the right decision.  That's why I have a house/garage/barn/shed full of crap, can't get rid of any of it... ;D
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

You're right. I may end up keeping everything. Rats.

Hinfrance

Today I bought a Hohner B Bass V from a bloke in Spain on eBay. Got to wait for it to turn up . . . hopefully in one piece.

I absolutely love my two older Hohner basses - I have a Jack headless and a B Bass 4 string with a Steinberger snap off bridge, the latter in dire need of refretting due to decades of gigging. I have tried a number of lower priced 5 string basses in the past year or so, but none of them had the build quality or the depth of tone of the Hohners. The most disappointing was the ESP Ltd 5 string - good luthier work, but hopeless electronics.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 30, 2015, 01:44:23 PM
Today I bought a Hohner B Bass V from a bloke in Spain on eBay. Got to wait for it to turn up . . . hopefully in one piece.

I absolutely love my two older Hohner basses - I have a Jack headless and a B Bass 4 string with a Steinberger snap off bridge, the latter in dire need of refretting due to decades of gigging. I have tried a number of lower priced 5 string basses in the past year or so, but none of them had the build quality or the depth of tone of the Hohners. The most disappointing was the ESP Ltd 5 string - good luthier work, but hopeless electronics.

Another Bass Howard,  8)  hope it arrives safely, let us know how it goes.  :tup:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer. May is a month of bank holiday after bank holiday in France and Spain (where the guitar is coming from). 8 days after the seller paid for shipping the bass has only reached the second UPS depot in Spain . . .

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on May 08, 2015, 10:35:42 AM
Looks like I'll be waiting a while longer. May is a month of bank holiday after bank holiday in France and Spain (where the guitar is coming from). 8 days after the seller paid for shipping the bass has only reached the second UPS depot in Spain . . .

Wish I had bank holidays like that, lol..  Hopefully it'll turn up and surprise you.  :tup:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

According to the tracking it's still in bl**dy Spain.  >:(

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com