Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 129
  • Total: 129
Gear4Music

Custom Effects Pedal Builds/Modifications/Repairs

Started by badgerific, April 21, 2014, 06:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badgerific

Hey there! My name is Mike, I've been building pedals for the past few years for various people across the world. I've got lots of good feedback on forums under the same username. I'm basically posting this to offer my services to build modify or repair analog effects units. If you have any pedal ideas you'd like brought into reality get in touch, I've done lots of multi analog units, modified versions of existing pedals and even a few small synthesisers so if you'd like something a bit more esoteric then let me know.

I might also be building for part exchanges if you have something that interests me and cover the parts cost in cash.

Drop me a PM if you're interested

Cheers,
Mike

badgerific

Here's a picture of a modified big muff I built a while back:

Scarebear

That looks awesome. I love the marbled finish! Plus it's black and white. It's perfect :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Mick

Hi Mike, you made it over then.  ;)  Welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Great service you're offering there, so hopefully some of the members here will take advantage of it.  Must say that pedal looks fab.  So you built this one from scratch, nice job.  Gets a :tup: from me for looks alone.

Hope to see more posts from you, and more pics of those lovely pedals.

Like I said, welcome, any problems, ideas and suggestions regarding the site, let me know in the Site Feedback and Suggestions board.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

badgerific

Quote from: Scarebear on April 22, 2014, 03:14:36 AM
That looks awesome. I love the marbled finish! Plus it's black and white. It's perfect :)

Quote from: Mick on April 22, 2014, 06:59:30 AM
Hi Mike, you made it over then.  ;)  Welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Great service you're offering there, so hopefully some of the members here will take advantage of it.  Must say that pedal looks fab.  So you built this one from scratch, nice job.  Gets a :tup: from me for looks alone.

Hope to see more posts from you, and more pics of those lovely pedals.

Like I said, welcome, any problems, ideas and suggestions regarding the site, let me know in the Site Feedback and Suggestions board.

Thanks both. Yeah, that one was built from scratch I designed and etched the PCB and then built it all up. The mods it has are a feedback footswitch with optional loop inserts which is controlled with the light dependant resistor, diode toggle switches for both clipping stages to choose between silicon, germanium and diode lift, a mids knob and finally a tone stack bypass switch for a huge unscooped tone.

AtrumKithara

Cool looking pedal.  Possibly a stupid question, I have never seen a pedal with a light dependent resistor before, is it the thing between the foot switches? How does it work?  Youtube video?
www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

badgerific

Quote from: AtrumKithara on April 22, 2014, 09:39:10 PM
Cool looking pedal.  Possibly a stupid question, I have never seen a pedal with a light dependent resistor before, is it the thing between the foot switches? How does it work?  Youtube video?

Thank you :) Not a stupid question at all, they're not commonly used on pedals, partly because most LDRs are not ROHS compliant and partly because not many people have use for them. It is the thing between the footswitches and it works by changing resistance in relation to the amount of light shining on it. So you can change it by moving your hand or foot up and down above it.

Here's a video of a small synthesiser I built that has its pitch controlled with an LDR. The guy in the video happens to be the same guy who owns the pedal above too, as well as the other three matching noise fuzzes I made at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2FE35_tb0U

Scarebear

Quote from: badgerific on April 23, 2014, 10:31:37 AM
Here's a video of a small synthesiser I built that has its pitch controlled with an LDR. The guy in the video happens to be the same guy who owns the pedal above too, as well as the other three matching noise fuzzes I made at the same time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2FE35_tb0U

That is SO cool. That guy must have the coolest looking/sounding pedalboard :)

AtrumKithara

That is very cool.  Thank you for sharing the link to the video.
www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

badgerific

Quote from: Scarebear on April 23, 2014, 10:45:40 AM
That is SO cool. That guy must have the coolest looking/sounding pedalboard :)

Thanks! You'd think so but he keeps them packed away most of the time sadly, but he's moving in with me next month so I might make him a board so he can have them on display and ready to go :)

Quote from: AtrumKithara on April 23, 2014, 04:29:02 PM
That is very cool.  Thank you for sharing the link to the video.

Thanks and no problem :)

I have a four oscillator version of the same synth that I have built myself with two of the oscillators modulating the other two for some crazy sounds. I really want to make an 8 voice version, with optional modulating oscillators and with switches to choose between LDR and pots to control the pitch of each oscillator. That way I can have ridiculous on the fly craziness or precise tuneable sounds. Just finding the money and time to build it up is tricky haha :)

Scarebear

Quote from: badgerific on April 23, 2014, 06:55:07 PM
Thanks! You'd think so but he keeps them packed away most of the time sadly, but he's moving in with me next month so I might make him a board so he can have them on display and ready to go :)

What a waste. I'll keep an eye out for future posts from you featuring a fully loaded pedal board ;)

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com