Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 125
  • Total: 125
samash.com

Strat Wiring Options?

Started by Mick, April 21, 2014, 08:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

One for the tech savvy amongst us. 

You have a standard Fender Stratocaster, with three single coil pickups.   How many different ways can you wire one of these up?

What are the alternative wiring layouts for Stratocaster, and also are there any different options for selector switch and pots that would be necessary when using a different layout??
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I couldn't wire a guitar to save my life, but the Stratocaster droplist on the Seymour Duncan website may be of interest.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on April 21, 2014, 12:38:44 PM
I couldn't wire a guitar to save my life, but the Stratocaster droplist on the Seymour Duncan website may be of interest.

Thanks. looking at just the Strat dropdown has confused me more than ever, there's tons of them.  :D  I know they're not all for single coil setups, but there's still loads.  well that will keep me amused for a while.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitar Sauce

Hey Mick, did you end up finding what you were looking for with the wiring options?

Sometimes it's easier to identify what elements of your guitar you aren't happy with, in order to narrow down the list of possible wiring options.

My favourite wiring mod on a strat is probably one of the most basic - wiring the bridge PU to work with the bottom tone pot. Gives you a bit more flexibility with your bridge PU.
Guitar Sauce - Guitar Wiring Kits & Upgrades

AtrumKithara

Super Strat wiring!  Get eleven different combinations out of your guitar.   http://www.1728.org/guitar2.htm

If you want to start adding switches, you can do all kinds of stuff.  Maybe add in a Varitone circuit?  If your guitar doesn't look like a Rich Bich, it doesn't have enough tone switching options.  Even this is still lacking.  But then when you find the perfect tone combination... don't ever touch anything, because you will never figure it out again.

www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

Scarebear

scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com