Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,190
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 80
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 82
  • Mick
Gear4Music

New Twitter Layout

Started by Mick, April 21, 2014, 07:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Anyone been forced onto the new Twitter page layout yet? 

I'm not sure I like it to be honest, but we'll have to get used to it I guess.  How have you customised your page?
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I have not. More often than not I'm on Twitter is one form of iOS or another. I will have to keep an eye out for it though. If it means changing my profile page layout I won't mind. I enjoy the occasional change ;)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Mick

Cheers, it'll be interesting to see what you come up with, and perhaps it'll inspire me when I have to do mine.  I actually got offered to switch to the new layout yesterday, after I logged out and back in again.

I actually went ahead for my photography page. https://twitter.com/CameraCraniums  Not good is it. lol..

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Nice! I just logged out and back in again ... Nothing. I'll wait and see what happens, when it happens. In the meantime you at least know the specs of the new Twitter and can prepare the Guitarist Guild Twitter profile page design ;)

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on April 21, 2014, 01:00:28 PM
Nice! I just logged out and back in again ... Nothing. I'll wait and see what happens, when it happens. In the meantime you at least know the specs of the new Twitter and can prepare the Guitarist Guild Twitter profile page design ;)

Well, I think I do, if I remember the header pic should be 1500 x 500 and profile pic 400 x 400

but even if you make the images to the exact requirements, you still end up doing them over and over until they look right.  It's not very well thought out at all.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on April 21, 2014, 01:00:28 PM

Hey, that's just showing off mate  :D , your new page looks fantastic.  :tup:  What the hell I'm going to come up with is beyond me atm, but I can guarantee it won't look as nice as yours.

It's prompting me to try it out again, but can't come up with any ideas.  Might do the switch and put up something temporary until I can make something better.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Quote from: Mick on April 23, 2014, 08:03:07 PM
Hey, that's just showing off mate  :D , your new page looks fantastic.  :tup:  What the hell I'm going to come up with is beyond me atm, but I can guarantee it won't look as nice as yours.

It's prompting me to try it out again, but can't come up with any ideas.  Might do the switch and put up something temporary until I can make something better.

Haha! I got lucky. I used the same image I had on my previous Twitter page (I just had to resave it to a larger size). The image I use is pulled from a poster I made myself last year (actually, maybe 2012!). I've taken so many photos of my gear I don't know what to do with them all ;)

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on April 24, 2014, 12:49:54 PM

Haha! I got lucky. I used the same image I had on my previous Twitter page (I just had to resave it to a larger size). The image I use is pulled from a poster I made myself last year (actually, maybe 2012!). I've taken so many photos of my gear I don't know what to do with them all ;)

Looks really neat actually.  8)  I've still got to do something with my header image, like I said a temporary one for now.  I have tweaked it a bit https://twitter.com/GuitaristGuild  Might be a bit ott, but I'm finding it hard to get any inspiration atm. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

You'll get there. And until you're happy, you've got something in place. I picked up something new looking at your profile page though ... Pinned tweets. I never go to my own profile and didn't know this was an option.

Mick

Quote from: Scarebear on April 28, 2014, 12:07:35 PM

I picked up something new looking at your profile page though ... Pinned tweets. I never go to my own profile and didn't know this was an option.

Yeah it's a neat feature, thought it would be nice to Pin those video tut's James posted, as he's worked hard on them for us.  Shame you can't pin more than one at a time though, but I guess that would take up the whole page.  A rotate pinned posts feature would be good.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com