Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 37
  • Total: 37
Gear4Music

Tutorial requests

Started by GuitarStarTV, March 13, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GuitarStarTV

Hey hey Jason!
Here's a link to the next part of the solo! Good luck & if you need any help just ask & I will see what I can do!

http://youtu.be/fKstJIPr_Uo
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Scarebear

Quote from: GuitarStarTV on April 22, 2014, 07:05:56 PM
Hey hey Jason!
Here's a link to the next part of the solo! Good luck & if you need any help just ask & I will see what I can do!

That's awesome. I've had a quick look at the video and feel more confident with this one. Lead guitar is not my strong suit, but I'm believing I'll get there with these videos. I can't thank you enough.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Scarebear on April 23, 2014, 03:48:08 AM
Quote from: GuitarStarTV on April 22, 2014, 07:05:56 PM
Hey hey Jason!

That's awesome. I've had a quick look at the video and feel more confident with this one. Lead guitar is not my strong suit, but I'm believing I'll get there with these videos. I can't thank you enough.

It's honestly my pleasure mate! If I can help people along their path of playing guitar then I will live a very happy man!
Check out my pages @

FollowingMyDreams

I've decided i SUCK at playing guitar lol  ;D

Scarebear

Quote from: FollowingMyDreams on April 23, 2014, 12:46:51 PM
I've decided i SUCK at playing guitar lol  ;D

If you enjoy it, then it doesn't matter (in my opinion). One thing I've already started doing with these lessons (especially the fast part that James is assisting me with) is work out ways I could achieve the same notes in positions that I find easier. I'm still trying to get the hang of the methods I'm being shown, but sometimes I want to hear the notes played properly and I'm working out alternate ways to get there. So I believe I've rekindled that enjoyment for learning that I'd forgotten about for so long.

Of course I'll still pick up my guitar every day, play some basic but awesome riff that comes to me and enjoy that moment. Tomorrow it's gone, but damn if I didn't have fun while it lasted ;)

FollowingMyDreams

There are some good points in there  ;) I think one of my main problems is I have my fingers in too many pies lol , I'm not the most patient of people and I take on too much all at once . I think I need to put aside my other ambitions and concentrate just on guitar until I've cracked it . I think these private lessons will help well I hope so lol, I am def better at learning things in person than on the comp  . Will keep you posted may even post a vid of my terrible progress  :tup:

Scarebear

We may have quite a lot in common it seems ;)

Good luck focusing on the one thing. I am yet to master that. Which probably explains why I don't master many of the things I attempt  ;D

Hinfrance

I've got a low priority request, if possible . .

Easter by Marillion is one of my absolute favourite songs. I have got the verse, and the first part of the chorus down, but there are some split chords in the second and fourth phrases of the chorus I can't quite get. Also, during the solo there are one or two bits that elude me.

Obviously I can't get the guitar to sing like Mr Rothery, but I'd like to be able to hit the notes!

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Hinfrance on April 27, 2014, 01:35:16 PM
I've got a low priority request, if possible . .

Easter by Marillion is one of my absolute favourite songs. I have got the verse, and the first part of the chorus down, but there are some split chords in the second and fourth phrases of the chorus I can't quite get. Also, during the solo there are one or two bits that elude me.

Obviously I can't get the guitar to sing like Mr Rothery, but I'd like to be able to hit the notes!
If you would like I could have a look at this for you?
Would be happy to help if I can!

James
Check out my pages @

Hinfrance

That would be so cool James. Don't break a sweat on it though!

GuitarStarTV

Hey all! Here's a tutorial for smells like teen spirit by the awesome Nirvana! Hope you enjoy it!

http://youtu.be/K-md9dkXP84
Check out my pages @

GuitarStarTV

Here's another tutorial request for the intro riff to plug in baby by muse!
As always hope you enjoy it & let me know what you think!

http://youtu.be/IopPDcazj5c
Check out my pages @

GuitarStarTV

Hey everyone. This wasn't requested but thought I'd share my latest lesson with you all. It's a blues scale pattern & can be very effective

http://youtu.be/9x25d9-ag8I

Hope you enjoy it!
Check out my pages @

Joom

A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Thanks my friend! Love blues and going to go into lots more detail over the next few lessons!
Check out my pages @

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com