Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 147
  • Total: 147
samash.com

Tutorial requests

Started by GuitarStarTV, March 13, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FollowingMyDreams

Hello I am a newbie acoustic guitar player and am currently looking for someone to help me work out a song. not sure if this is the type of place to ask lol . basically a man who was like a dad to me is dying of cancer I don't know how long he has left but there is a really random song that I remember from my childhood which holds a lot of fond memories and I would love to play it for him, It would make his day and mine  ;D . so if there is anyone out there who could help me do that it would be really appreciated . I don't know anyone who plays guitar  :-[ thank you  :) . the song is ( Melanie Safka, I don't eat animals) told you it was random  :P

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: H3IDI on March 22, 2014, 08:40:12 PM
Hello I am a newbie acoustic guitar player and am currently looking for someone to help me work out a song. not sure if this is the type of place to ask lol . basically a man who was like a dad to me is dying of cancer I don't know how long he has left but there is a really random song that I remember from my childhood which holds a lot of fond memories and I would love to play it for him, It would make his day and mine  ;D . so if there is anyone out there who could help me do that it would be really appreciated . I don't know anyone who plays guitar  :-[ thank you  :) . the song is ( Melanie Safka, I don't eat animals) told you it was random  :P

Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Scarebear

Quote from: H3IDI on March 23, 2014, 10:19:56 AM
Really? Thank you so much it really means a lot , I don't have a clue where to start lol. And have no one else  to ask  . It's a pretty awful time at the mo and I know it will lift some moods especially with my dodgy singing  ::)
Thank you again  !!!

Heidi  x

Sorry to hear the bad news. But I'm sure James will sort you out. He's doing a great job teaching me my favourite guitar piece. You're in good hands :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

FollowingMyDreams

thanks scarebear, hope so  :)

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: FollowingMyDreams on March 23, 2014, 10:19:56 AM
Really? Thank you so much it really means a lot , I don't have a clue where to start lol. And have no one else  to ask  . It's a pretty awful time at the mo and I know it will lift some moods especially with my dodgy singing  ::)
Thank you again  !!!

Heidi  x
Not a problem! It's a great song & once you've done get a recording up to watch! Would love to see it!
Thanks to Jason too for the kind words! Lol!
Good luck Heidi! :-)
Check out my pages @

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: FollowingMyDreams on March 22, 2014, 08:40:12 PM
Here's a link to my youtube video tutorial!

http://youtu.be/FP0tlADBYsE

Hope this helps you learn this song for a great cause!

James
Check out my pages @

FollowingMyDreams

Thank you  so much James I really appreciate it  :)

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: FollowingMyDreams on March 26, 2014, 02:26:37 PM
Thank you  so much James I really appreciate it  :)
Not a problem, hope it helps you learn it & make the person you are learning it for smile!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

Nice video. Very nice looking acoustic guitar too! You're proving to be quite versatile :)

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Scarebear on March 27, 2014, 03:28:35 AM
Nice video. Very nice looking acoustic guitar too! You're proving to be quite versatile :)
Lol thanks mate! I do the best I can. I'm just so passionate about guitar & want to give something to others! Love my acoustic & you can't beat the authentic sound!
Hope you're ok mate!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

I'll be honest. I struggle with the first fast part. I am getting there with the parts that needs to be played. But killing the string noise as I jump from the G to the E string is where I am still spending my time. Having said that, if you're still up for the third part, I might be able to put the next piece together while I continue to get my head around this part.

Thanks for your patience (and video lessons) :)

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Scarebear on April 14, 2014, 01:15:05 PM
I'll be honest. I struggle with the first fast part. I am getting there with the parts that needs to be played. But killing the string noise as I jump from the G to the E string is where I am still spending my time. Having said that, if you're still up for the third part, I might be able to put the next piece together while I continue to get my head around this part.

Thanks for your patience (and video lessons) :)

Hey mate! Don't worry I will get the next part up for you plus a little breakdown of how to nail that fast bit! Hope you are doing good & I will post it as soon as I can! That fast riff is tricky but once it's down it's a really useful riff to have in your collection!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

You rock! Literally ;)

I've been meaning to point out something else that I love about these videos you're kindly doing and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

A common disadvantage (for me at least) with many YouTube guitar lessons is that they're over-polished with a focus on the instructor's gear, setup and/or recording space. One of the things I used to love about getting lessons (way back in '87 for me) was the environment I received the lessons. It was in a friend's lounge room and he'd teach me the riffs I wanted to learn. I picked up Paranoid, Breaking The Law, Smoke On The Water and the intro the Stairway in that environment. There was always background noise as someone else was watching, listening and/or just watching TV. It was real.

Your videos remind me of that realism. You appear to have a child around and that has honestly made me smile. Not just because you can hear them, but because you didn't stop the shoot or restart the video. It's a small thing, but I love it. It's a real-world guitar lesson delivered via YouTube.

Kudos!

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Scarebear on April 15, 2014, 04:00:17 AM
You rock! Literally ;)

I've been meaning to point out something else that I love about these videos you're kindly doing and I hope you don't mind me pointing this out.

A common disadvantage (for me at least) with many YouTube guitar lessons is that they're over-polished with a focus on the instructor's gear, setup and/or recording space. One of the things I used to love about getting lessons (way back in '87 for me) was the environment I received the lessons. It was in a friend's lounge room and he'd teach me the riffs I wanted to learn. I picked up Paranoid, Breaking The Law, Smoke On The Water and the intro the Stairway in that environment. There was always background noise as someone else was watching, listening and/or just watching TV. It was real.

Your videos remind me of that realism. You appear to have a child around and that has honestly made me smile. Not just because you can hear them, but because you didn't stop the shoot or restart the video. It's a small thing, but I love it. It's a real-world guitar lesson delivered via YouTube.

Kudos!
Wow! That's really cool of you to say mate! It's funny you say that because when I started out with guitar star TV videos I wanted to create an atmosphere that was relaxed and real. If my children want to play in the background or mess about that's fine! I would even put them in a video if their faces popped up on camera as my view is that it doesn't effect the video in any way. Also one of my youtube peg hates we're tuition videos that were vamped up with tons of effects & focused more on their sound than delivering a good lesson. That's why I use a crappy 10 watt amp with no effects hooked up because at the end of the day my job is to deliver a lesson that is easy to understand not to look good on camera. I've got nothing to prove & I think youtube is way too full of people just simply showing off when they should be teaching someone who needs their help!
Anyway that's enough waffling from me! Lol! Thanks again for the kind comment mate!
Oh also I hope you don't mind but was going to use your comment as a review on my page?
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

Quote from: GuitarStarTV on April 15, 2014, 06:10:17 AM
Oh also I hope you don't mind but was going to use your comment as a review on my page?

No problems at all :)

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com