Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
samash.com

Atrum Kithara Unique Instruments

Started by AtrumKithara, March 07, 2014, 08:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AtrumKithara

Just thought I would introduce myself here since I am a builder, not just a player.  Recent start-up in California hand crafting guitars and other instruments that are a little different looking and higher quality than the standard factory stuff.  Check out my website www.atrumkithara.com for more pictures and information.

Looking forward to checking out the site and sharing in discussions.

www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

Mick

Hi, and welcome to GG.

That's very, very nice work.  Some graft gone into building that one.  How long did it take to build it? 

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Nice looking guitar! I had a quick look over your site and the Wairpan is a great looking body shape. I look forward to seeing more from you.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

AtrumKithara

Thanks guys.  The guitar above took awhile, I don't remember how long.  I had never carved anything before and it was kind of improvised, using a tiny chisel and a razor blade.  Sort of a side project awhile back.  I am hoping to do more work like that in the future, but with proper tools and more planning.

I am just finishing up another Wairpan, I will post some pics soon.

FollowingMyDreams

AtrumKithara

Just dropped this one off at Loud & Clear Music in Cotati, CA.  It has a slightly "worn" finish.  Bill Lawrence Twin Blade XL-500's, CTS volume and tone, Switchcraft three way toggle.  Maple neck, flame maple capped alder body, and Pau Ferro fingerboard.

I feel like I should have used a push/pull pot to split the coils.

badgerific

These look awesome. I'm always amazed to see what people can do with wood, I feel like it's some kind of dark art. I can't get my head around it any time I try it, needs far more patience than I have :)

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com