Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,192
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 54
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49
  • Google
Gear4Music

The Wind Cries Mary

Started by aldridgeg, February 21, 2014, 12:08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aldridgeg

Strat through Two-Rock amp.
Recorded using iPhone, just onboard mic into GarageBand.

Hope you like it.  :)

http://soundcloud.com/gra-ald/the-wind-cries-mary/s-U1WkR

Mick

Thanks for sharing, good job on that track.  Came out incredibly well again using the iPhone, I'm amazed.  :tup:

Perhaps you should write some tutorials on how to do these recordings using these setups, I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest in them.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

Nice work! There is hardly any direct string noise too  (which I always get when recording using the iPhone mic).
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

aldridgeg

Quote from: Scarebear on February 21, 2014, 12:27:50 PM
Nice work! There is hardly any direct string noise too  (which I always get when recording using the iPhone mic).

Hi SB and thanks for the kind words.

Re string noise, the trick is to set the level with the phone in front of the amp but with the mic pointing away from you.
(And I was also playing veeeeeeery softly thru most of it)!

I've also considered dropping a cloth over the phone as a baffle, but not tried it yet.

Scarebear

Quote from: aldridgeg on February 21, 2014, 04:00:16 PM
Quote from: Scarebear on February 21, 2014, 12:27:50 PM

Hi SB and thanks for the kind words.

Re string noise, the trick is to set the level with the phone in front of the amp but with the mic pointing away from you.
(And I was also playing veeeeeeery softly thru most of it)!

I've also considered dropping a cloth over the phone as a baffle, but not tried it yet.

That's some advanced thinking you've got going on there. I might have to try that baffke suggestion :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com