Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 190
  • Total: 191
  • Mick
  • Google (AdSense) (3)
Guitar Center

Shopping for strings

Started by Mick, February 03, 2014, 12:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Where's a good place to buy guitar strings these days.  Anyone used http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I get a lot of my strings from local eBay stores. This saves me postage costs and I buy in bundles of 10 normally. If I lived in the UK I'd try the Strings Direct site. That's a cool looking store!
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Hinfrance

I'd like to buy from the local music shop if their prices weren't so far adrift of online ones.

I get my strings, and most of my music stuff, from Thomann.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on February 05, 2014, 09:11:29 AM
I'd like to buy from the local music shop if their prices weren't so far adrift of online ones.

I get my strings, and most of my music stuff, from Thomann.

Good point. I should check out my local guitar shop, I drive past it nearly every day.  I'll see what they have to offer before buying online.  ;)
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Scarebear

I've actually received a couple of string sets from String Joy and I'm loving the first set I've tried. They allow you to custom order your strings (which for my second set meant I got wound strings for all but the high B and E stringsâ€"I'm very keen to try those).

So far though, the first set feels great and I believe they're corrosion resistant.
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com