Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66
Guitar Center

My gear.........and a sketch of SRV.

Started by aldridgeg, January 05, 2014, 03:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aldridgeg

1987 LP Custom - owned from new
1993 USA Standard Strat - owned from new
Partscaster (MJT body, Warmoth neck) - donated by best mate with a Squier body
Two-Rock Studio Pro Plus 35 - just bought SH.
(I am very fortunate to have these, but they have taken me 26 years to accumulate.....)

Pic is a pencil drawing I did a few years back.

Hinfrance

A wonderful collection, it must bring you a lot of pleasure.

I'm as bass player, just starting out with 6 string guitars, so my main collection is bass guitars. Long time passed I have had various 'top of the range' basses - I've had a Warwick, a Fender Precision, a Status and a brace of Rickenbackers. I changed to Hohner active basses in the late 80s early 90s and still haven't found anything I like better at any price. I have two of them, a B bass and a Jack bass. I also have a brace of Trace Elliot heads, sidewinder cabs and a Hartke combo. All this accumulated over a far longer period than I care to disclose.

As for six strings, as a beginner and wanting to try various models, I have gone for quantity rather than quality. The list in embarrassingly long, if not costly:

Guitars- Epiphone Prophesy GX, Antoria ES335 (I've had that one for 30 years, and I have to admit it sounds staggeringly good), Squier HSS Affinity Stratocaster, Harley Benton 450L Plus*, and a real cheapy - a Lidl western acoustic guitar.
Amplifiers- Fender Mustang 3 Mk1, and a secondhand Roland Cube 60.

* one of my very best friends and one of the two lead guitars in my last band really rates this bargain basement guitar. He says that it is a close to his original 1960 reissue Les Paul as a copy can reasonably get. He also loves the Lidl acoustic; when he was here over Christmas he hardly put it down. From this I take away the lesson that sometimes you can get a heck of a lot more than you pay for.

Scarebear

Partscaster. Great name! I have a Notcaster (because it's not a real Telecaster). Yours at least appears to be combined using genuine Fender parts. Mine ... not.

Your Les Paul looks awesome!
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

aldridgeg

Scarebear:

To be honest there's no Fender in there at all.

The logo is an eBay special my mate put on just so the headstock looked right.
It's never being sold anyway but I may try to design my own logo to go in its place.

Quite like the idea of a "Gratocaster"....

The LP is awesome. Owned from new, totally stock, will reach 27 years old this year. Some more gratuitous shots attached.....

Hinfrance:
Agree entirely about quantity. If I could I'd have dozens of cheaper gtrs / basses. Unfortunately for me I can't, and these mean too much to me and ain't going anywhere if I can help it!

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com