Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
samash.com

I'm Ash, maker of Oil City Pickups

Started by OilCityPickups, September 13, 2013, 11:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OilCityPickups

Hi everyone ... and hi to a couple of friends I know here from another place :) I'm Ash, and I manufacture Oil City Pickups http://www.oilcitypickups.co.uk
I've been a pro and semi pro muso since the seventies, and come from a long line of engineers, so it was fairly natural that I'd wind up making things that made music! Nowadays I'm a full time professional pickup winder with a fairly extensive range of products, and many regular customers. If anybody want's any questions answered on pickups in general, pickup winding, or ... lordy forbid ... my own products, I'm always about ... though getting more and more busy these days.
I have just got back into a regular band after five years of not gigging, and I am a self confessed gear hound ... with a penchant for Telecasters, Ibanez semi acoustics ... and ... well just about anything with strings (14 guitars on racks in the lounge and still counting - while grovelling to an understanding wife).

Mick

Hi Ash, and welcome to GG.   Thanks for popping over and letting us know about your pickups etc.  They look and sound great.  Just been having a look around your site, and blog, great stuff.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

OilCityPickups

Well any value I can add by way of articles or 'how to's ... provided I have the time ... I'm always willing to lend a hand :)

Mick

Quote from: OilCityPickups on September 14, 2013, 09:38:13 AM
Well any value I can add by way of articles or 'how to's ... provided I have the time ... I'm always willing to lend a hand :)

Ash, that would be fantastic if you could do any of those. Either articles or how to's would be extremely welcome.  The site does have an article system, which you should find a submit article link down the left hand side of the front page.  Or if you prefer you can just add them as regular posts in the forums.  It's entirely up to you.  ;)

Thanks.  :tup:

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Mick

Ash, how's things mate. Hope your getting a few more hits via this site.  I tweet your other post occasionally, so should get some views.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

ladyshep

Hello, Ash, maker of Oil City Pickups, how goes it? lol
Hi, I'm Briana.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com