Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 60
  • Total: 60
samash.com

Did you start out with acoustic?

Started by SJG, July 23, 2013, 03:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJG

I did myself. My dad gave me his old one, which I still have and I picked around on it until he bought me an electric one. I still mess with the acoustic one here and there, though.
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

cedricphilips808

My whole thing when I started out was that I want to be good at fingerstyle playing. :P
It was the coolest thing you could do with an acoustic guitar and so I went to a pawn shop and got myself a Fender acoustic guitar without realizing that there's factors that make fingerstyle guitar playing easier or harder. Anyway, I still like fiddling around with my guitar and using my strumming hand more than the left hand while playing because I love that style of playing.

If you guys don't want to make the same mistake I did, I found this great lowkey article about fingerstyle guitar selection - https://truemusichelper.com/best-guitars-for-fingerstyle/ check it out if you have time!

shannonrichards

Amazing stories. I to started on an acoustic mainly because I did not have the proper equipment to run a decent electric guitar.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com