Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 143
Gear4Music

Your first electric guitar?

Started by SJG, July 23, 2013, 03:50:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SJG

What was the first electric guitar that you have ever started with? Do you still have and use that guitar at all? Post pics if you have any! :)
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Guitarglasgow

No pictures but I had a Marshall Rocket guitar, one of the ones that came with an amp. The amp was OK but the guitar was horrible, I think the bridge was made of razors. Not only did the strings break all the time but it hurt your hand too!

Didn't put me off though, and when I bought a better one I mangled the Rocket making a first attempt at a custom build.

SJG

Mine is my current one, the bc rich warlock supreme. My dad bought it for me when I was 14 years old. I was into metal then and it is a metalish guitar :) I don't know how to play enough to get a new one yet. I don't want to spend a lot of money until it will actually be used!
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Mick

My first guitar was a Fender squier, I think it was Korean made.  Sold it about fifteen years ago.  Actually wish I still had it.  :(
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SJG

Fender, I have always heard anything with that name is great, is that correct?
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

cedricphilips808

I remember when I bought my first electric guitar. It was a Yamaha acoustic that I found in a pawn shop but I soon had to sell it off again because my hands were too big. This is why I keep advising people to first have a basic idea of sizing before investing in their first guitar. Here's a good guide that I found that consists of the best guitars for large hands. Here's the link - https://truemusichelper.com/best-guitars-for-large-hands/

Y'all can check it out. Cheers!

Mick

Hi Cedric, and welcome to GG.

Nice article, thanks for sharing it with us.   :tup: 
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

shannonrichards

I first started with an acoustic Yamaha before getting a fender.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com