Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 293
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 257
  • Total: 257
Gear4Music

Baritone neck building

Started by Guitarglasgow, July 18, 2013, 09:38:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guitarglasgow

Having recently found myself a very pretty if battered body in a skip, I am wondering what to do with it.

I have too many guitars already but something I have always wanted to have a try on is a baritone scale guitar. I play a lot of very low tuned stuff and it makes sense.

Two questions, firstly is it easy to just fit a baritone neck and go from there? The internet seems to think so but I would like to hear a few more "yes"s before diving in.

Secondly, how easy is building a neck? I am not a construction virgin, having built several bodies and one whole lute with my father, who, as a furniture maker has all the tools and a workspace I can use.

Necks are meant to be harder though, so my question is, how hard? Any tips?

Thanks

Mick

Not done any guitar building myself (Yet) but I'm hoping to try when time and money permits.  I posted a link in the guitar building and customising boards a while back. 

This one although not exactly what you're wanting to build, but you might find it interesting, and glean some tips from it.. (Warning, it's quite long) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZSDzBv_rIA&list=PLNBP5jXjfxM3WoWeK7NWEyZN7u4dqNQKR

Enjoy.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com