Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 112
  • Total: 112
samash.com

What's your favourite brand and pedal?

Started by Mick, April 30, 2013, 05:54:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

Here's a couple of questions for you.

1: What's your favourite make of effects pedals?  Do you have a favourite make, and do you tent to stick with the one maker.

2: Also, do you have a favourite pedal?  Perhaps one you use all the time, and would be really upset if it got lost or stolen and you couldn't replace it.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

paulnoise

1 boss ds1. Does what it says on the tin. 

2 Mxr Zack wylde overdrive. Best I've used for cutting through the mud.  I'd recommend a Jekyll and Hyde also, very nice sound, I was gutted when mine went

sent on the move using tapatalk

GuitarStarTV

Quote from: Mick on April 30, 2013, 05:54:48 PM
Here's a couple of questions for you.

1: What's your favourite make of effects pedals?  Do you have a favourite make, and do you tent to stick with the one maker.

2: Also, do you have a favourite pedal?  Perhaps one you use all the time, and would be really upset if it got lost or stolen and you couldn't replace it.
I have to say this is such a tricky 1 as there are so many. I use the VOX satchurator & time machine along with the VOX wah pedal at the moment. I must say they are very well built & have some great tone & features.
My favourite on my line up at the moment has to be my DIGITECH WHAMMY DT just coz it has so many cool features on it! Hours of creative fun!
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Hinfrance

Favourites:

Bass - Digitech. I have an old BP200 that has been with me for a long time. Tough as old boots and now irreplaceable*- that would be the one I missed

Guitar - Zoom. Because they are cheap and pretty cheerful. I have a G2Nu and G3X. The older one sounds best.

It appears that I am an old fashioned bloke. I like the sounds of the older pedals. Even my wah is a Cry Baby vintage . .

*although there are still some on eBay and I haven't tried the newer Digitech bass pedals, which still seem to be highly rated.

Scarebear

Favourite pedalâ€"MXR Fullbore Metal ... That's just brutal metal tone no matter the guitar or amp.

I don't really have a favourite make though. It depends on the pedal type. I love BOSS pedals, Pro Tone Pedals, MXR and even JOYO (ridiculously cheap).
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

Connor Baxter

I have to say this is such a tricky 1 as there are so many. I use the VOX satchurator & time machine along with the VOX wah pedal at the moment. I must say they are very well built & have some great tone & features.
My favourite on my line up at the moment has to be my DIGITECH WHAMMY DT just coz it has so many cool features on it! Hours of creative fun!
[/quote]

Loving the pedals you listed, Digitech whammy is brilliant, great for coming up with new whacky ideas. may i ask what the Satch Vox pedals are like? they good for the money? was looking at shelling out on one to try out, review, and see if it'll stay on my board so I can mess around with some more Satch stuff haah thanks!

Also Digitech and Electro-Harmonix are the ones for me so far, they both come up with so many great ideas for pedals.

AtrumKithara

The DOD Death Metal pedal.  It is one of the few that can be used without a guitar once the battery gets low (which doesn't take too long).  Horrifically annoying squeally noises that can be altered by messing with the knobs.  With the guitar plugged in it is limited to extreme distortion, but it is good for what it does.  Maybe not a favorite, but I do like it.

I have an old Peavey Hotfoot distortion pedal that is pretty cool too.  Goes from slight distortion to a good hard rock/metal sound.

I mostly just play through a POD XT since I currently live in an apartment.  I usually just use the same couple of tones because I am too lazy and time constrained to program it, but it doesn't require 9volt batteries which have gotten expensive or multiple bulky adapters.  I probably would have been just as well off with a pedal board that has the daisy chain power supply and the equivalent spent on some pedals.
www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

badgerific

I think two of my favourite pedals have to be the Big Muff and Deluxe Memory Man. They're just great sounding pedals that can do loads of different things and they look so cool.

Companies wise though there's a lot of smaller builders doing some great stuff as the moment. Devi Ever, Dwarfcraft and Basic Audio being my favourites as they do some really interesting stuff.

guitarfishbay

1.  I like Boss pedals because to me they're the most useful design.  The pedal mechanism is nice and large so easy for me to activate, plus the controls are recessed so I'm not likely to kick/move them accidentally when switching it on.

2.  The obvious answer is the TU3 because a tuner is indispensable, however for actual pedals I really have a soft spot for the SD1.  I think I prefer it to a tube screamer and they're very cheap used!

macman

I have always loved Boss pedals, built like tanks and I love their form factor.  ;D

I am a Multi Effects user. My favorite pedal since I got it at release in 2012 is the Boss GT100. The tones and dynamics of it are really nice. I have also just started using the Guitar to midi feature. Very clever as it transmits midi via the audio cable. It is only monophonic but it does the job and no need for a GK pickup. Last night I added choir voices to a project by triggering the instrument in Logic Pro X using the midi input from the GT100. I could play with the synths for hours. I would be at a loss without the GT100, so if something happened to it, then I would replace ASAP.

So, in conclusion I am pretty much a Boss guy. I do have a Line 6 Pod HD and I use that for tones and Gt100 for tones for my projects. I like to use the two as they sound like separate rigs. Example for my dual tracking, I will record one rhythm take with Pod HD and pan it left and one take with GT100 and pan it right. I will soon be posting a Dio cover where you get to hear this approach and the Guitar to midi feature of the GT100.

OK, I have rambled on and drifted off topic from the questions but there you have it.
:legit:

DansGuitarMusic

I love my Digitech Pedals! I have about 7 of them right now but my favorite one is the Hot Rod rock distortion. Every distortion I try just isn't the same.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com