Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,191
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 71
Guitar Center

Antoria telstar deluxe

Started by paulnoise, April 17, 2013, 12:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulnoise

http://antoriaguitars.com/46-0-Telstar-Deluxe.html

Body: Quilted Maple-Mahogany
Neck: Nato & Bolt on
Fingerboard: Rosewood
Frets: 22
Scale: 648mm
Pickups: P90IV x 2
Controls: 1 Volume, 1Tone, 1 Toggle
Bridge: ST-2(SB-20)
Hardware: Chrome
Finish: Purple

Playability, 4/5 personally I love this guitar, plays for me just how I like, I use Ernie ball super slinky strings and although the action is not as light as other guitars, it's in no way high or difficult to play.  On a side note, my wife's uncle hates playing it, he is used to acoustic guitars so feels the neck is too thin.

Finish 5/5 or 0/5 if you don't like the look of it
First off, it's not purple, it's red.  No matter how you spin it it is red.  Finish is fantastic, bindings are flush, looks unlike any Tele I have seen before.

Sound.
The soap bar pickups are very versatile, the neck pickup is mellow and bluesy with the bridge being much fatter than you'd expect giving a nice tone when overdrive or distorted

The bad stuff. Pots go loose easily as there was no washer under the bolt on the outside of the guitar, easily fixed with 2 washers. 
The name, it's a Tele but not a fender.

Cost to buy.  I paid £325 same price range as an epiphone dot. But it's not a huge body guitar so horses for courses as they say

sent on the move using tapatalk

Hinfrance

I've got a 1980's Antoria Rock Star, which is an ES335 copy. Everyone who sees it is blown away by the finish. And it is much louder than my other guitars. If Antorias are still made the same way, you have a keeper there.

paulnoise

Yeah, I have heard lots of rave reviews about the old stuff, this is a keeper :-) 

paulnoise

Finally took a pic

paulnoise

paulnoise

cedricphilips808

Hey Paul! I'm a big fan of P90 pick-ups too! Nice to meet a fellow P90 lover haha I have a Yamaha RevStar that I absolutely love! I bought it because of this online blog post that I found and can't stop playing it. Any other guitars with P90 pick ups that you recommend?

Update: I found the blog that I was talking about if anyone wanted the link - https://truemusichelper.com/best-p90-guitar/

Cheers,
Cedric

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com