Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,191
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 173
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 83
  • Total: 83
Guitar Center

Gear Insurance

Started by Mick, October 05, 2021, 08:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

This question is mainly aimed at hobbyists, or home players. How do you insure your Guitars, amps or studio gear? Have you taken out a special insurance policy specifically for your equipment, or do you just rely on your house contents insurance.. 
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

AtrumKithara

I'm curious about this. I know someone who claimed a guitar stolen at a gig and their renter's insurance paid for it.

I had a guitar for sale that was stolen through a shop window (supposedly shatterproof and just big enough to squeeze a guitar through) and they said there was no money left from their insurance after paying for the window and deductible insurance, didn't claim it myself because my car insurance already went up a lot after a squirrel ate my engine and my insurance deductible is high also.
www.atrumarte.com  - Unique instruments for unique musicians.

shannonrichards

Quote from: Mick on October 05, 2021, 08:56:22 PMThis question is mainly aimed at hobbyists, or home players. How do you insure your Guitars, amps or studio gear? Have you taken out a special insurance policy specifically for your equipment, or do you just rely on your house contents insurance.. 

Probably not worth it if you don't own a thousand dollar collection or don't use it to play professionally.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com