Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 147
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 147
  • Total: 147
Guitar Center

Bought a cheap guitar from gear4music

Started by Mick, February 14, 2013, 06:21:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

I posted the other day that I needed a cheap guitar for a restoration project.

Since I posted that, I was looking on ebay and happen to notice gear4music were selling B-Grade guitars some had minor faults, and some were apparently new but had scuff marks which happened during manufacture. 

Anyway after bidding on a couple of them and losing, I noticed one with a buy it now price of £35.99 + 5.99 postage.  Said it had purple scuffs on the edge of the body, but apart from that it was new and unused.

Thought I'd take a chance, so purchased it on the 12th Feb and it arrived today 14 Feb.  Now the purple scuffs are barely visible, in fact I had a job to find them, so I'm well chuffed with that. And even better it came with a guitar lead, allen keys, and a gig bag which wasn't mentioned in the description.

All in all I'm well happy with my purchase.  :)  I highly recommend you check out http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Gear4music especially the B-Grade section, and get yourself a bargain.  :tup:

Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SJG

So how is the restoration project going?

I know a guy who restores old fiddles and banjos. He makes them look extremely awesome when he is done with them, its amazing.
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Mick

Quote from: Shawn Gossman on July 23, 2013, 03:54:55 AM

So how is the restoration project going?

Hi Shawn, that's a good question.  I'm going to have to look for another guitar for the project, as my Son has seemingly claimed that guitar for playing Rocksmith on. lol... 

Not a bad thing at the moment, because work has gone crazy, and haven't had any spare time.  My quest to look for another guitar will begin again shortly.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

SJG

Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Mick

Quote from: Shawn Gossman on July 23, 2013, 06:22:25 AM
What is rocksmith?

Some say it's a game, some say it's a learning aid.  Rocksmith is basically a Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC game a bit like Rockband, or Guitar Hero, but this time instead of using a specially designed guitar guitar controller, with the Real-tone USB cable that come with it, you can actually plug in a real guitar. The 2014 version looks pretty good actually http://rocksmith.ubi.com/ 

Here is Rocksmith in action.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarglasgow

That is a great find man. I tend to use guitars as tools anyway and as tools they get battered fairly fast! So the odd nick in the paintwork starting off doesn't bother me.

Cheers for that!

SJG

Well that is really neat! I would love to learn on something like that :) And I have a 360 too! In fact, I have only played my 360 one time since I have had it :-\
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Hinfrance

I watched (some of) the Rocksmith video. I'm obviously way too old for it - I didn't understand how the numbers and symbols heading towards the (upside down as you look at it when you're playing) fretboard related in any way to what was either supposed to be or was actually being played.

Lucky really since we don't have a single games machine in the house ;)

Later, Just noticed there is a PC version too. If one of you uses it, do let us know how you get on :)

SJG

Heck I may be at the right ago for gaming but I still have to teach myself how to do it :P I bought that 360 thinking I could get into it. Played it once :P
Shawn Gossman
Occasional Picker

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com