Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 229
  • Total: 229
samash.com

Guitar for project

Started by Mick, February 09, 2013, 11:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

I won't hold my breath, but I'm looking for a really cheap guitar for a restoration project, under £50.00 if possible.  Doesn't matter if it's in rough condition, as it probably would be for that price, but as long as it's more or less all there.  So if you have something gathering dust, please let me know.

I'm hopefully going to use the guitar to create some articles for the site, a kind of step by step restore with pictures.  ;)

While on the subject of cheap guitars, is there any makes out there that should be avoided at any cost?

Rgrds

Mick
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

paulnoise

I'm working on a les Paul-noise (see what I did there :)) ), I'll post some pics before during and after when it's done, I got a body and set neck for 10 quid with a hard case from the site I pm-d you.  Didn't want to link it here as I don't like to advertise on other peoples sites.  be wary when buying, get as many pics as you can of the guitar, this l.p. I got has a weird cavity shape so I'm going to have to cut my own cavity plate.  No big deal, but can be daunting first time.  Have a look on eBay they have luthier kits pretty cheap and come with everything but paint (about £150 imported including costs) including double backers if that's your thing, all shapes catered for too, even some nice looking hollow bodies.  If it's the first time you have tried building, it's a great way to learn.  Or you may have built before then it's teaching your granny to suck eggs......  Still, you can always buy a 50 quid guitar and build it up with better parts, or do what I have done previously and cut your own body.  Term, I'm going off topic slightly now......  Sorry, I don't have anything cheap lying around.

Sent from my C6603 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

paulnoise

Some of the progress so far....

Sent from my Z1 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

GuitarSav

Hinfrance

Trying to look at the pictures Mick, but keep getting 'no data received' messages.

Looks good in the thumbnails though :tup:

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on October 27, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Trying to look at the pictures Mick, but keep getting 'no data received' messages.

Looks good in the thumbnails though :tup:

Howard, not sure why you can't see the pics.  I just set up a test account with the same permissions as you, and they work fine.  What browser are you using please? 
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Hi Mick,

Using Chrome and Opera 17 (which also has a Chrome engine).

I get the 'no data received' message from time to time here and on CC; it usually resolves itself after a second try, but the pictures return the error message every time. Until i just tried it again, and go to see them.

What pickups are you using?

It's coming on really well :tup:

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com