Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,191
  • Total Topics: 1,647
  • Online today: 178
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 82
  • Total: 82
Gear4Music

(No Can Do)

Started by Ken., November 28, 2023, 08:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken.

"I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)"

... By Daniel Kreps
QuoteSixteen years after Daryl Hall sold "significant interest" of duo's music to publishing firm Primary Wave, he's trying to prevent longtime partner John Oates from doing the same.

Days after Daryl Hall filed a restraining order against his longtime musical partner John Oates, details about the legal rift between the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame-inducted duo have emerged.

When the restraining order was filed on November 17 to a Nashville judge, the dispute itself was sealed, noting only that the dispute pertained to "Contract/Debt." However, on Wednesday, the Nashville chancery court judge allowed for some documents to be unsealed, revealing the heart of the battle: Hall is trying to prevent Oates from selling his shares in the duo's joint venture to music publishing firm Primary Wave.

According to the Associated Press, Oates signed a letter of intent to sell his half of the duo's business venture — dubbed Whole Oats Enterprises — to Primary Wave; by allowing the firm to see the duo's confidential business agreement, Hall alleges that was "an indisputable breach of contract," and thus filed the restraining order to stop Oates and Primary Wave from further pursuing a deal.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress... but I repeat myself.

-Mark Twain

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com