Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 112
  • Total: 112
Gear4Music

Home Practice amps?

Started by Mick, August 30, 2020, 01:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

So what's the go to bedroom practice amp for 2020?  I should imagine things have changed a fair bit since this question was last asked on here, so what would you recommend.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Ken.

Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress... but I repeat myself.

-Mark Twain

Mick

Hi Ken.  I didn't know you played guitar, have you still got one?  8)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Ken.

Hi Mick.
Haven't had one since the 60s. My Mother was an outstanding artist on just about anything with strings, like piano, guitar, banjo, etc and she gave me many lessons on guitar as did other family members, some of who worked professionally. But, try as I might it just never came to me, thus the comment about 'meager talents'.

I sometimes consider picking up a cheap acoustic guitar and giving it another try, but so far have not acted on the thought.
Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress... but I repeat myself.

-Mark Twain

Mick

Quote from: Ken. on October 22, 2020, 05:03:36 PM
Hi Mick.
Haven't had one since the 60s. My Mother was an outstanding artist on just about anything with strings, like piano, guitar, banjo, etc and she gave me many lessons on guitar as did other family members, some of who worked professionally. But, try as I might it just never came to me, thus the comment about 'meager talents'.

I sometimes consider picking up a cheap acoustic guitar and giving it another try, but so far have not acted on the thought.

Ken seriously, you should go for it.  I believe every house should have a guitar sitting in it somewhere.  ;)

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

ambergt

I think for home practice, modeling amp is the best option.
you can find some great amps here - https://www.awkwardsound.com/

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com