Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,172
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 132
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 114
  • Total: 114
Guitar Center

Tutorial requests

Started by GuitarStarTV, March 13, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joom

Blues is one of my old favorites, too, and you play it well.  Makes me wish I still had a working left hand..
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

Thanks my friend for the kind words! What's happened to your left hand if you don't mind me asking?
Check out my pages @
www.facebook.com/TVGuitarstar
www.youtube.com/TVGuitarstar
www.twitter.com/guitarstar_TV
www.instagram.com/guitarstartv

Joom

The wrist was smashed in a bike accident years (and years) ago.  Never quite healed right, but was usable.  Later on a mishap with a piece of video equipment messed up some tendons in the hand itself.  Even then could still play a little.  But, as happens, here comes old age, and the last few years have seen it go from hard to play to just not worth the effort anymore.

They say they might be able to do something with the tendons in the hand, but after numerous accidents over earlier decades (bikes, cars, other crap) I also have a neck, back, hips, shoulders, and knees they want to cut on and I keep refusing.  Have to sign a paper every time I go in that I refuse neck and back surgery.

Sounds worse than it usually looks, I'm usually fairly mobile, except the last two weeks I've been sitting here with a pinched sciatic nerve and waiting for that to ease up a little.  That happens once every year or two, too much sitting.

Well then, that's a story I don't usually tell.    No sleep and too many pain meds, I reckon. ;D  In any case, can't play anymore.  One hand guitar synths on a keyboard is about it...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

GuitarStarTV

That must be really tough mate as it's clear you love music so much. You are an inspiration to others who face similar barriers and have truly earned my full respect as a musician and a person.
Check out my pages @

Joom

Just life stuff, GS, but I do miss playing.  Mostly just jamming.  Guitar still sits in a stand in the corner, but pretty dusty.

Nice thing about computers is I don't have to give up on music.  Besides writing (my favorite part), I can still use a keyboard and synths to do basic stuff, and there's always loops and samples.  Got thousands (and thousands) of those.  Still, not like being in a room with some musicians building a piece from scratch and a few ideas.  I do love the music, though, and appreciate still being able to be a part of something cool once in a while...

GuitarStarTV

Yep that's very true. I would do anything to stay involved in music as its part of who I am. If music runs through your veins there's no running away from it & if something makes you happy then it's worth doing whatever the platform!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

Great lesson. I look forward to the next follow-up lesson :)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

GuitarStarTV

Thank you my good friend! Hope everything is all good with you!
Check out my pages @

Scarebear

Quote from: GuitarStarTV on September 23, 2014, 09:42:16 PM
Thank you my good friend! Hope everything is all good with you!

Life would be better if I could nail those lessons you gave me. I'm kidding, life is pretty damn good right now. But I do need to practice more guitar ;)
scarebear.rocks - terrible guitar playing verbalised as terrible writing.

GuitarStarTV

Hey everyone!
Here's a little blues riff for you all. Hope you enjoy this & add it to your riff library!

http://youtu.be/8CJtINelgMk

Any questions just get in touch!
Check out my pages @

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com