Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 294
  • Total: 294
Gear4Music

Greetings

Started by Hinfrance, November 21, 2012, 09:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hinfrance

Hi,

I'm Howard, retired old f*rt living in rural France.

I'm a bass player, never played a 6 string until now, although I got a folk guitar for Christmas last year and I am making occasional forays into trying to play it.

I've been playing since I was a much smaller and younger person, some 40 odd years. I had a few stabs at going pro in the 80s but nothing much came of that apart from a bit of touring and recording. I then moved on to a pub band, which was a lot of fun and kept me largely out of mischief for quite a number of years. I also had an 8 track studio in my basement which was used both for the pub band and some other local bands to record demos. One band even put a couple of singles and one album out that were recorded there.

I play Hohner active basses through one of two Trace Elliot heads into two 1x15 Sidewinder loaded ported cabinets.  I used to use Peavey stuff, which I still rate very highly, but the 4x10 was a bit big and heavy and I replaced my long suffering head with a Trace when it got too tired. The Hohners replaced a Rickenbacker 4003 and a Status Graphite, both nice to play but too heavy and frankly they just didn't sound as good to me.

I haven't played in public for three years, and have no desire to do so again - for one thing the tinnitus is not getting any better.

Mick

Hey Howard, great to see you over here.  I wondered if you'd pop over.  ;)

A big welcome to you.  :tup:
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com