Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 50
  • Total: 50
Guitar Center

Moving a guitar

Started by richards12, October 11, 2018, 09:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richards12

Hi all,

New to the site but just looking for a bit of advice.

A family member has kindly offered me their Fender CC-60S Acoustic however I will need to pay for it to get from Newcastle down to Kent.

It's in a hard case but I was just wondering if anybody had any advice on how to get it moved?

Thanks

Edit: I've just found these who seem like a large item courier. Does anybody have any experience with them?

Joom

Welcome to the site, Richards12.  I'm on the wrong side of the planet, afraid I can't help with this one.

But Mick should be along soon to offer some advice...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Mick

Hi richards12, and welcome to Guitarist Guild.

Unfortunately I can't really advise you regards shipping . moving a guitar, not had to do this myself.  I have read some horror stories about some couriers, but I guess it's a gamble whichever one you use.
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I had a bass delivered by DHL from Portugal - inside two cardboard boxes (heavy duty ones) and  packed with bubble wrap and loads of brown paper. It was so well sealed it took me more than half an hour to get the package open. But inside the guitar was perfect. So I would suggest filling the hard case with bubble wrap and then putting the hard case inside a strong cardboard box, also with all the voids packed with bubble wrap, and the whole thing covered in parcel tape. Any courier will chuck it about, but if it is seriously well packaged it'll be fine.

Don't forget to insure it!

Good luck.

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com