Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 327
  • Latest: Sucih
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,164
  • Total Topics: 1,631
  • Online today: 34
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 36
  • Total: 36
Gear4Music

AmpliTube Version 4.6 Now Available

Started by Mick, June 19, 2018, 07:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mick

AmpliTube Version 4.6 Now Available

Download the free update featuring new Live mode

IK has released a new AmpiTube 4 (Mac/PC) update that adds Live mode for use with iRig Stomp I/O, IK's revolutionary USB pedalboard controller and audio interface that lets you stomp effects, change presets, adjust settings and more, all with the feel of a traditional pedalboard. Live Mode is useful to provide a clear and intuitive view of your rig, presets and effects, all at a glance when perfforming or recording.

This update also includes general reliability improvements for all AmpliTube users, so update now!

Updating to AmpliTube Version 4.6 is FREE for all registered users of AmpliTube  http://www.ikmultimedia.com/en/news/?item_id=14357
Thank You, "[you]" For Reading This Post.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Joom

Looks pretty good, Mick.  I'm not currently an Amplitube user, but now I'm looking at it...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

Hinfrance

WARNING!

If you are using Cubase DO NOT install this upgrade UNLESS you select the default location for the VST3. If you don't this could happen: -

I installed this yesterday after using Cubase in the morning. After installation Cubase crashes on opening reporting a fatal error.

Reaper seems to be OK, as does Cakewalk. But trying to run Amplitube produces an error message saying that Amplitube has failed to load - looks like a memory address error (8000ffff)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 21, 2018, 09:53:56 AM
WARNING!

If you are using Cubase DO NOT install this upgrade UNLESS you select the default location for the VST3. If you don't this could happen: -

I installed this yesterday after using Cubase in the morning. After installation Cubase crashes on opening reporting a fatal error.

Reaper seems to be OK, as does Cakewalk. But trying to run Amplitube produces an error message saying that Amplitube has failed to load - looks like a memory address error (8000ffff)

Thanks for the warning H.  Wasn't aware of the problem, as I don't run Cubase.  Has this issue been reported anywhere?

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Don't know Mick. Haven't had time to look at the forums - lawns to mow, pool to maintain and swim in :)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on June 22, 2018, 08:20:08 AM
Don't know Mick. Haven't had time to look at the forums - lawns to mow, pool to maintain and swim in :)

Version 4.6.1 is out now.  According to a reply from IK Multimedia on Twitter, they have no reports of this issue testing with Cubase, and to report this to  their tech support team (or with Steinberg) as they can likely figure out what is happening on your system to rectify.

So perhaps updating to 4.6.1 might be a better option for you H.

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

I know exactly what the issue is - it's because I keep my VST dlls outside of drive C: It's not the first time I have had trouble with apps only looking for dlls in default locations. As such I really can't see any point in reporting it - I doubt it will have affected anyone else. So I've put the Amplitube VST on my C drive and everything is fine.

Later - downloaded the latest iteration and installed to my default locations - this time it worked OK, so whatever they did between versions has fixed it.

Hinfrance

Much as like Amplitube, and I do, you really can't beat miking up an amplifier, even a modelling one like my Mustang 3 V2. Used a Superlux E205 - a dirt cheap condenser microphone and the Prophesy to add a guitar part to a track I am enhancing. The downside of course is that there is not much I can do with the recorded sound afterwards - but I like the sound of a Bassman overdriven and the Fender models of their own amps are very good.

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 04, 2018, 09:25:27 AM
Much as like Amplitube, and I do, you really can't beat miking up an amplifier, even a modelling one like my Mustang 3 V2. Used a Superlux E205 - a dirt cheap condenser microphone and the Prophesy to add a guitar part to a track I am enhancing. The downside of course is that there is not much I can do with the recorded sound afterwards - but I like the sound of a Bassman overdriven and the Fender models of their own amps are very good.

Might seem like a dumb question H, but what are you miking into?  PA, or straight into interface. 

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Hi Mick,

Just back from a road trip around the UK.

The miked recording was done with the mike powered by my Saffire Pro 14 and through the microphone amplifier therein, straight into Cubase Artist 9.5.

Hope you are not melting too badly this week :)

Mick

Quote from: Hinfrance on July 27, 2018, 06:14:05 AM
Hi Mick,

Just back from a road trip around the UK.

The miked recording was done with the mike powered by my Saffire Pro 14 and through the microphone amplifier therein, straight into Cubase Artist 9.5.

Hope you are not melting too badly this week :)

Thanks for the info, always nice to get these sort of details, it can help others achieve the same results.   :tup:

Melting! well we're not used to this kind of heat over here you know, lol..  Supposed to be hitting 36C today, and it's not comfortable to work in that's for sure.  Workshop is a black painted wooden barn which absorbs the heat like you wouldn't imagine.  Hope you enjoyed your trip H, has it changed much since you were last here?

Guitarist Guild
Camera Craniums
TGMF

Hinfrance

Had it changed ? Well, only incrementally. But we were amazed by the huge variety of food in the supermarkets and by how how cheap it is. Also everyone seems to have a Jaguar or a Tesla. Made our knackered old Mondeo look rather out of place! In a nutshell the UK appears to be booming, unlike France.

Maybe Brexit is not the bad idea everyone is making out? I got into a conversation with a flower importer who told me he had cancelled his contracts with the Dutch and was buying instead from Kenya - he now doesn't have to worry about what will happen next year one way or the other, and he says the Kenyans are cheaper too. I wonder how many other continental firms will suffer because of Brexit as clearly this chap's Dutch supplier is already doing?

Hot here too, can't really do any work outside after 10 am or inside after lunch. Difference is we have a swimming pool to cool off in  ;)

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com