Donner Music UK
Members
  • Total Members: 328
  • Latest: Millrat
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4,173
  • Total Topics: 1,635
  • Online today: 303
  • Online ever: 836 (January 21, 2020, 09:59:16 PM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 71
  • Total: 72
  • Mick
samash.com

Butterflies and 12-string Music go together like cookies and milk

Started by DanGrigor, May 02, 2018, 09:45:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanGrigor

Joom

Some sweet playing, Dan.  And another good video.  Enjoyed the pleased look at the end.

Question.  Do you ever use a drum system for backing when you play?  Just curious, because while listening I kept hearing a drum pattern in the back of my head...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

DanGrigor

i haven't tried a machine yet though I would love to find the right one. I do love to play with a drummer I had a lovely trio for a while and am still looking for replacement players. We were Live Music: Call For Info and I loved having the brushes drummer on a djembe. I'll post some vids.

I have been playing with my looper a little but the drum sound on it sucks. My wife sits in on her grandmother's pasta pan and it is an amazing sound.
We call the act Granny's Pan
we're going to make t shirts so you can buy Granny's Pan Tees on the merch table lol

here's one from our Get in the Jag tour lasts year.

Joom

Great video, Dan.  That's one I bet the kids and grandkids will hold on to forever.

There are some pretty decent computer based drum systems out there.  EZ Drummer and PC Drummer Pro are a couple of my favorites, but there are quite a few of them.  I also really like the drum system in Reason (from Propellerheads), but I like the whole Reason package...
A computer once beat me at chess.  As it turns out, though, it was no match for me at kick boxing...

DanGrigor

good to have some leads. I really do need to set aside some time and find one.
My "succotash jazz" just FEELS a shuffle drummer :D

Guitarist Guild is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to guitaristguild.com